Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to come hunt pigs....for free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How’s the hog hunting been going? My son and I are heading over next Thursday night. Our first hunt. Any suggestions? Russ tells me there are a couple of bow hunting tree stands. Think we should sit in the stands? Or would it be better to stalk the pigs on the ground?

What’s y’alls opinion on camo gear? I understand hogs have poor eyesight. Are ghilly suits needed? Standard camo? Normal clothes?

What about scent? Do people really use hog urine? I mean, for hunting and not just for pranking your buddies?

Any other suggestions? We’re going to have a great time regardless of our hunting success, but we’re hoping to bring home some bacon!

TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by jvswan View Post
      How’s the hog hunting been going? My son and I are heading over next Thursday night. Our first hunt. Any suggestions? Russ tells me there are a couple of bow hunting tree stands. Think we should sit in the stands? Or would it be better to stalk the pigs on the ground?

What’s y’alls opinion on camo gear? I understand hogs have poor eyesight. Are ghilly suits needed? Standard camo? Normal clothes?

What about scent? Do people really use hog urine? I mean, for hunting and not just for pranking your buddies?

Any other suggestions? We’re going to have a great time regardless of our hunting success, but we’re hoping to bring home some bacon!

TIA!
      Russell is a good dude. Showed us around, and his stands/blinds are awesome. I would use a rifle from the stand rather than bow. Bugs didn't get bad for us. They have a stand we sat that my buddy mis-judged the distance and shot low. We saw hogs every night, well after dark (Like 11:30 or later). If you have a thermal you will be much better off. We saw at least a dozen hogs all after dark, passing on the road in, right near the first stand Russell will show you.

We were relying on the moon to light up the woods, and the clouds didn't cooperate so we just couldn't take safe shots.

Good luck and I hope you get them!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I started to holler at you last weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am available to help

Comment

Got another round going right now. Had nobody out last weekend but one of my lease members was out with a buddy and shot two but couldn't find them. As soon as my shoulder gets well I guess I am going to have to show everybody how to put one on the ground.....

Comment

Mr Leggett maybe Memorial Day weekend???

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  Mr Leggett maybe Memorial Day weekend???

He probably dont know what he will be doing May of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    He probably dont know what he will be doing May of next year.
                    Lol [emoji16]

Comment

Hopefully I will still be upright and breathing Memorial weekend...maybe by then I will be completely healed from this stinking shoulder surgery...I am considering doing this next spring so everyone stay tuned.

Comment

I feel like this could turn into something awesome

Comment

It saddens me to report another weekend of getting skunked. I have pictures of pigs night and day and yet nobody can seem to score. Got more TBHers coming in the next week or so. In this instance it isn't insane to expect different results. Go Team TBH.

Comment

As much as I’m rooting for someone to kill something, its making me feel much better about my failed hunt that everyone else is having the same issue.

Comment

Anyone bow hunted these pigs yet? Or is everyone rifle hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                                It saddens me to report another weekend of getting skunked. I have pictures of pigs night and day and yet nobody can seem to score. Got more TBHers coming in the next week or so. In this instance it isn't insane to expect different results. Go Team TBH.
                                You have some moon light coming up. If the wind is right i just dont see why the hog killing isnt rolling.

Comment

Working...
                                X