Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
    Hogs all over my feeder. First time I have seen them in years in my area.
    Oh yeah buddy

Comment

Hogs all over my feeder. First time I have seen them in years in my area.
      Nice! I saw a lot of sign of them last time I was out. I'll be back out there tomorrow to put my feeder up and put my permit number on my stuff.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Camera counts during the daylight hours are still lower than I would like, but it is still really hot.

No hog photos yet, but they tend to eventually find my corn.

The does that are showing up all appear to be healthier than my photos from the same time last year. Thought the grasses looked more burned up this year, but it may just be localized.

Almost no dove at the feeder, which happened last year as well. In 2016, the dove would clean the ground within minutes of spinning and tended to fill my camera full of blurry, winged photos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Worried about my feeder just saw we had a severe storm pass through Tejas area 60mph gust and quarter size hail. Hoping it didn't blow over.

Comment

Got a few bucks coming in. Couple small does as well. Not sure if any will be my golden ticket.
            Attached Files

Comment

Question for y'all. For the ones with pigs coming to your feeders are y'all seeing deer as well? I haven't got any deer on camera yet and now have pigs. Great lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowtech02 View Post
                Question for y'all. For the ones with pigs coming to your feeders are y'all seeing deer as well? I haven't got any deer on camera yet and now have pigs. Great lol.

What area are you in? In my experience deer do not like hogs and will not come into the feeder while the hogs are there

Even worse news is the hogs if they show up during daylight it will be during primetime in the evening and may see them in th a.m. around light.

The best way to get rid of the hogs is to shoot one or two when the the group is around the will usually avoid the feeder for a minimum of a couple weeks.

Comment

Please make sure to check boundaries of where you are hunting. My family has the adjoining fence line of sections 9i, 7a, 7b and 11. I discovered a makeshift ladder on our fence line yesterday. I am an avid bow hunter and the rest of my family hunt as well. I want to believe this could be from an honest mistake. Our fence line is posted and I have setup cameras along there b/c this is not the first time something like this has happened. If you are hunting along there please make certain you do not cross over on to private property. By the way, if you are hunting around there and shoot something that crosses the fence, I would be more than happy to help you recover your animal.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowtech02 View Post

I don’t have pigs in cam yet, but from past experience on private lands, pigs will keep deer at bay during early mornings, but they tend to leave by 830-9 and then the deer will come in. Not ideal, but still workable. I’d suggest shooting one or two and see if they stay away, or break down and move locations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are hanging out from 5pm to midnight the last 2 days...

Comment

No sir not in those areas.
                        Originally posted by jmac11 View Post
                        Please make sure to check boundaries of where you are hunting. My family has the adjoining fence line of sections 9i, 7a, 7b and 11. I discovered a makeshift ladder on our fence line yesterday. I am an avid bow hunter and the rest of my family hunt as well. I want to believe this could be from an honest mistake. Our fence line is posted and I have setup cameras along there b/c this is not the first time something like this has happened. If you are hunting along there please make certain you do not cross over on to private property. By the way, if you are hunting around there and shoot something that crosses the fence, I would be more than happy to help you recover your animal.

Comment

I have both showing up. Pics from last week while checking my feeder.

Comment

I have both showing up. Pics from last week while checking my feeder.
                            Nice. I.csnt get them to find my feeder. The deer that is. Lol

Comment

Deer will come, but they don't stay with hogs. You need to set your feeder for deer's favorite.

I let feeder to spread more corn in the morning than the afternoon. In the morning, set the timer close to legal time, so it starts to light after feeder goes off. Hog does not like light, deer does not care too much (but, deer cares of direct bright sunshine). So, even hogs may still come, but they won't stay long. There will still have corns for deer. In the afternoon, set the timer a little earlier, i.e. 4:30pm, or 5:00pm. So, deer would be able to visit your feeder before hogs. And don't spread too much in the afternoon. If the deer cannot clean it up, hogs will come after dark.

In this way, I cannot 100% eliminate hogs, but significantly reduce their visits.
                              Last edited by cy100; 08-26-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                                Deer will come, but they don't stay with hogs. You need to set your feeder for deer's favorite.

I let feeder to spread more corn in the morning than the afternoon. In the morning, set the timer close to legal time, so it starts to light after feeder goes off. Hog does not like light, deer does not care too much (but, deer cares of direct bright sunshine). So, even hogs may still come, but they won't stay long. There will still have corns for deer. In the afternoon, set the timer a little earlier, i.e. 4:30pm, or 5:00pm. So, deer would be able to visit your feeder before hogs. And don't spread too much in the afternoon. If the deer cannot clean it up, hogs will come after dark.

In this way, I cannot 100% eliminate hogs, but significantly reduce their visits.
                                The hogs have been at the feeder from 5pm to 1am the last two days in a row! But I'm going to set the morning feeder to 10 seconds as the hogs are only coming in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X