Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-posts

Comment

Great ideas, I haven't been orienting my rebar or t-posts with the leg, but it makes great sense, I'll change mine the next time I'm at the lease.
      Thanks

Comment

I use T posts and hose clamps, but I drive my posts in the opposite direction of my legs, BUT I use a winch up feeder, so there is no climbing around my feeder so no danger of falling on the T post.

Comment

t post, and bailing wire work great. even rebar..

Comment

Are those one piece legs you bought or those 3pc legs that will get torn up. I know a guy that did the 3 pc ones and told him cows or hogs would tear up, he still put up and a week later the feeder was in pieces everywhere.

I use just a 1" pipe about 30" long and then ubolt them together, but wire should work.

Comment

I just use #4 rebar (1/2") instead of t-posts because it is cheaper. Does just as good.

Comment

Tpost and duk tape works great

Comment

t posts!

Comment

Yeah, unfortunatly, i found this out the hard way with the first feeder i put up, I didn't anchor it at all, needless to say, by the next morning it was ruined by the cows, next feeder i bought i used rebar and about 15' of wire on each leg, only thing that can take that down is our tractor. Either way, whether it's rebar, or T-Posts, they both work fine, so just figure out which one's cheaper.

Comment

Notice in Smarts pics, that there isn't a lot of room where the posts cross for a hog to get his nose in. If there is a big hole for them, they will work it, and get in and flip your feeder over

Comment

Feeder bracing

We have a tall feeders with cattle, hogs and a lot of high winds so we have our feeders braced with T-post on each leg at an angle then wired to the feeder legs. The pic is not very good but it shows what I am talking about. We leave our post log because it makes it easier to install and remove, we are located in some very shallow soil areas, which make it very hard to drive short anchors.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have used rebar and every stand or feeder I used it on pulled the rebar out no matter what angle or how deep I installed the rebar, just not enough grab in the ground for me.

Comment

We welded a nut on some pieces of pipe and the cut the end of the pipe at a 45 so that it would drive easier in to the ground. We use some heavy duty tie wraps through the nut on the stake and around the feeder leg.Click image for larger version

Name:	feeder.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	23947248

Comment

Working...
                            X