Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Who've Had a Dog Rattlesnake Bit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale, your little buddy is growing!

Glad his dawg is okay!

Comment

I just got a funny feel-n inside when I looked at those three pics. Specially the first two.

Comment

That's good stuff Dale!!

Comment

Those pics will make you smile! Glad blue dog is good to go!

Comment

Just seeing this. glad it all came out good!!!

Comment

Nice. Glad he's ok!

Comment

So glad he is ok!

Comment

Wasn't sure what to post Dale when you started this, so stayed out of it...you likely know, but had the lab die with a bite to the toes. I reckon it took about 12 hours. Big snake.

Other snake to my Vizsla was never seen, but took it in the neck...was clearly another large on simply due to the spread of the fang marks. My vet says they are at a loss how to handle 100%. Dogs bitten with & without the vaccine in their care have both died immediately & recovered after given treatment. I was a ways off and chose to keep them still / care with both my vet's & our own tbh Agvet's guidance.

I wasn't comfortable sharing this right after your ordeal as action was already in motion. Glad the hound is doing OK, just wanted to share for the others / future.

Comment

Glad to see the pup is doing good!

Comment

Those Who've Had a Dog Rattlesnake Bit...

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Wasn't sure what to post Dale when you started this, so stayed out of it...you likely know, but had the lab die with a bite to the toes. I reckon it took about 12 hours. Big snake.

Other snake to my Vizsla was never seen, but took it in the neck...was clearly another large on simply due to the spread of the fang marks. My vet says they are at a loss how to handle 100%. Dogs bitten with & without the vaccine in their care have both died immediately & recovered after given treatment. I was a ways off and chose to keep them still / care with both my vet's & our own tbh Agvet's guidance.

I wasn't comfortable sharing this right after your ordeal as action was already in motion. Glad the hound is doing OK, just wanted to share for the others / future.

You were the first one I thought of when I heard he'd been hit.

He was at my father in laws at the time, happened at 11 pm, and they were without any cell or internet to know about Benadryl. When he made it through the night I felt like he had a chance, but it was too late for anti-venom.

He doesn't like vets, he doesn't like people he doesn't know,and he doesn't like anyone touching his feet. That complicated things, but he eventually would let the vets clean his leg, and while the venom got into his chest, he turned the corner before it got into the organs. The leg is still a mess, but it looks like he'll get to keep it.

I'll never own another young dog that doesn't get the vaccine. It sounds bad to say, but at this point I'm glad it wasn't Fred the 8lb 12 year old....even Fred ain't that ornery.

The blue dog has never been my favorite, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing that little dude! I came an eyelash from shooting one of the rabbits that torment him outside the fence tonight, to cook for him when he gets home. still might cook him a steak.

Brady was worried last night when I set him down and told him what happened...hopefully they both remember the lesson, and mind where they step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-22-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Comment

Glad he is doing ok! He reminds me of my old heeler...best dog I have ever owned.

Comment

Glad your pup is okay.

My wife had her setter get rattlesnake bit on his face a couple years ago. She was lucky he survived and lucky to have been bit by a mature snake. Vet measured the punctures out to about 2" spread on his nose.

Comment

Working...
                            X