No announcement yet.

My Last Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are ok. Prayers Up for your continued healing.

Comment

Glad you are still here! I had a pickup run me off the road 3 years ago on my bike I putted it home sold it 3 weeks later. It's just not worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just about 6 years ago, after a total hip replacement "caused" by a scooter incident AND developing insulin dependent diabetes shortly after...I gave up my love of riding and Harleys! I finally decided I was getting older and could not rebound from physical injury anymore from riding. I always said, to my son's and friends, "It's not IF you go down, but WHEN you go down." I don't care how much testosterone you have, how bad you think you are, riding put's you at a tremendous risk simply from those who DON'T SEE YOU or don't care?

I've had many HD's over the years and the final ride I owned was a Road King with just over a thousand miles when I sold it. I've been to Sturgis (several times,) REO, Daytona, Red Wood Run, Four Corners and many more over the years and will always retain those wild memories. I also worked wrecks as an LEO and Paramedic involving Bikes and would guess every time the Bikers bore the worst of these encounters. I NEVER wore a helmet unless in a state that required them....my choice and with my guardian Angel, I always came home.

But one day I just decided enough....my son's would not understand, those who REALLY cared and love me would not understand....it was time...can't even count all the friends I've lost over the years...25+ that I rode. Now, I see bikes pass me and I wonder...can you stay safe? The odd's are NOT in your favor, but it's always up to you so if your guardian Angel talks to you and says enough...well....Ride Safe and Stay Alert...

I still love the feeling of an endless sky while riding, the sun and wind in my face, the feeling of invincible....but two wheels will NOT win when someone has their head up their B... and does not see or hear you!

Comment

Well said Kuma. After posting on here I've been thinking of all my friends and family members who have been killed on their Harley's. Lots of good and wild times on two wheels for me as well, but all good things come to an end.

Comment

Hope you recover fully !

Comment

I have seen a lot of folks on the ground that paid the ultimate price for the enjoyment of a bike.
              Glad your going to make it. Not 30 min ago i almost wiped out a lady who pulled straight out of a gas station and never looked in my direction as far as i could tell. Distracted driver ving is the mainstay these days

Comment

They all say it's not if it will happen its when will it happen. I have had a lot of friends in your shoes never good glad your ok.

Comment

Dang man! Hope you have a great lawyer....

Comment

the last 10 years or so I rode as a LEO and we had a saying there are 2 kinda motor officers those that have fallen and those that are gonna fall, not by our own fault most of the time. but like that kid that turned in front of my duty bike with video, gps, witnesses, and the driver admitting fault caused the end of my LEO CAREER at 30 years. oh that and workers comp saying non of these injuries including the closed head injury or neck and spinal injuries are from this accident, they are all preexisting or degenerative because of your age........heal up fast brother.....

Comment

I gave up my street days years ago. I still want to ride, but it scares me. I stick with my vintage dirt bike for fun.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Glad you're around to type this bud. Just isn't worth the risk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to ride until I met the concrete at 35mph. It was either lay it down or t-bone a 1/2 ton Ford. Got lucky and made the right decision. He just didn't see me. Bike has been in my garage ever since. That was 7 years ago. It's just to risky for me at 40 years old.

Comment

I don't blame you one bit. Glad you survived where you could make that decision.

I stopped riding them......street or dirt around 25. Saw a good friend of ours almost become an organ donor because a lady pulled out in front of him on my brothers Kaw Ninja. He was extremely lucky and walked away with a broken arm and severe road rash because he jumped over the roof on impact. We all stopped riding after that and previous close calls/accidents. Saw a gentleman get killed in front of me at an intersection in 2002 when he tried to run a red light and the car in front of me pulled out on green. He was DRT. That reaffirmed me having no inclination to get on a two wheeled version again. I enjoy living. If I want the wind in my face I'll stick it out the truck window or sit in front of a fan....

Comment

I have completely quit riding as well. My kids are still young and too many close calls and minor crashes, all caused by idiots in cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X