No announcement yet.

No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am for requiring permits for public carry. I don't think you should need one to own a gun, or have it and use it at home or on private property. But for public, I think licensing is reasonable, and not an infringement assuming it is under shall issue conditions like in our state.

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
    If you have taken the class you know what a joke it is anyway
    Yeah, I took the class and realized that most of the people in there NEEDED to take the class. What some people thought was justified is just plain scary.

I mean, maybe we should lower the driving age to 10, let folks vote at the age of 6. There comes a point where it is acceptable to have folks have a certain amount of life experience or schooling to be able to flex those rights in public.

So anywho... I guess my point is, I don't feel infringed upon by the CHL process in our state. I would however feel infringed upon by the CHL process of the states of California, New York, and New Jersey.

Comment

It was changed in the 2015 legislative session. Couldn't tell you why they have it posted on public land.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
        It was changed last legislative session. It is no longer in the TPWD hunting guidelines because it no longer applies. In other words, if it doesn't say you can't, then you can.
        I thought I had heard that (I have my CHL so never paid it any attention)

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
        I hunt public land, it was in there. No handgun during bow season unless you had a LTC.
        What is crazy about that is you can open carry a handgun as long as you arent hunting, but cant conceal it unless you have a LTC!

can I carry a handgun while bowhunting?***

No.**Concealed weapons, in accordance with

Concealed Handgun laws of Texas, are used for

personal protection, not hunting.**If you are archery

hunting – you are still hunting. You may carry

concealed if so permitted but the handgun is not to

be used for hunting purposes no matter the species

killed.**

Can I carry a loaded handgun while just walking out

in the woods scouting for personal protection?***

Yes, aslong as it is not concealed.**If you have a CHL,

then you can carry a concealed weapon.
        I wonder if they have just not updated their rules to match Texas state law yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I honestly believe that it is just a way to charge someone for their constitutional right. Criminals & jerks do not exactly have to take a class; why should we have to in order to defend our families?

Comment

I just love the dictation of the 2nd Amendment "Right" by some here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the "idea" of constitutional carry, but with the level of dumbassery present in the world today, I believe there needs to some form of proficiency test before a person is allowed to carry a gun (kind of like driving a car).

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                I like the "idea" of constitutional carry, but with the level of dumbassery present in the world today, I believe there needs to some form of proficiency test before a person is allowed to carry a gun (kind of like driving a car).

Driving a car and the right to protect yourself are 2 different things. The dumbassery has always existed and always will.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  So many states with Const carry with NO HISTORY of problems & here we are again just like when OC was coming of how Texas was coming to an end.

Personally, I think we have way more folks that don't have enough sense to vote vs carry a gun!!

Again, Freedom is no longer looked upon as a good thing...better regulate it.
                  Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Driving a car and the right to protect yourself are 2 different things. The dumbassery has always existed and always will.

There was less dumbassery back in the day because people just died if they where dumb. Now they live on making it by.

We dont limit freedom of the press and there is TONS of dumbassery there!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
                      Interesting fact from my class a few days ago. It is illegal to have a gun in the parking lot of a post office. Not just the premises, the dang parking lot to. Never knew that.
                      Wow , what a criminal I am ! Along with thousands of others.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

Comment

I think the problem is much deeper. Our culture used to be more open to guns and the ownership of guns. Heck, they used to teach gun safety in schools. But now because someone said they were scared of guns we all have to be sneaky about owning or carrying a gun. That is the problem! Guns are not the problem but the fear of offending someone else's feelings is the problem. Because of this we have allowed the government to limit our rights and make us pay for the privilege to exercise our rights.

Someone posted that while in a constitutional carry state people were more polite.
                          I can imagine that many years ago someone in that state said they were afraid of guns, and every else just said "So" and that person realized how stupid they were and just dropped it.

This shouldn't even be a discussion.
                          If you don't like me or someone else exercising their constitutional rights, keep it to yourself because I don't care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

What the hell is there to expand on regarding Constitutional Freedom??

I'm not comfortable with what a lot of people say and how they express themselves...those tarded nimrods calling themselves Baptist who protest a soldiers deaths at their funerals, burning the American Flag, etc., but ****ed if they don't have the right to it with freedom of expression & speech.

Please post up links / data of all the problems, issues, accidents of a person carrying in a state with Constitutional Carry that back up the concerns. THERE ARE NOT ANY or at least a minute amount to regulate the freedom some wish to keep Texas from having.

This isn't brain surgery...

I'm an FFL & make a little bit of $$$$ on background checks, although it's a very small portion of my biz so it may sound contrary to the game I'm in. It is perfectly legal for you to sell your gun to any member on this forum FTF. Should I as an FFL try to pass legislation to force everyone go through an FFL?? NO!! I do not pass the laws, I simply follow them. If background checks became not needed, it wouldn't bother me or hurt my business. I did not become an FFL to capitalize on 4473's.

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                            Expound on that a bit if you would.

If someone isn't comfortable with certain people carrying a handgun you spout off that they don't like "freedom".

A lot of those folks fought for this country and the freedoms that it offers so I'm a bit confused as to your thought processing.

We have CHL's we have open carry already and maybe Constitutional Carry.

So do you want to do away with the background checks we have to go through to purchase a handgun? I'm for it, we didn't have it before 1968. My Dad used to buy all types of guns through the old Shotgun News from people and they would ship via railroad to the local station. I would love to be able to do that myself!

I mean after all, making us go through background checks infringes upon our 2nd Amendment rights.

Right?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                              There was less dumbassery back in the day because people just died if they where dumb. Now they live on making it by.

We dont limit freedom of the press and there is TONS of dumbassery there!

Lol. No.

Comment

Bring back the old days when I drove to school with a 22 rifle and a 12ga on my gun rack and parked in the parking lot and left the windows down all day unless it rained. Times were different then and nearly every kid that had a pickup and a drivers license had a gun rack and some sort of firearm hanging on it. I never ever heard of anybody ever getting shot or threatened -- student or teacher. Seen a lot of fistfights and been in more than a few and it never turned to guns.
                                Now days it's crazy but if you can pass a background check to buy the gun then you should be able to carry it as you see fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X