Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Does anybody even care if he comes back???

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    All of the fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

In the history of bad takes, this is legendary.

It was a bad to begin with but Tiger just obliterated it.

Last edited by cookemerkel; 04-14-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
      I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Does anybody even care if he comes back???

Oh snap. He’s baaaaaack!!![emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        Just a thought. Did Jack face the same equivalent competition in his glory years?

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          Yes, he did. Every generation in every sport is bigger, stronger, and more technologically advanced. In Jack’s day, the competition was equal to the competition that Tiger faces today. Don’t use today’s competition to compare Tiger to Jack in his era. Same goes with every sport.
          Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Just a thought. Did Jack face the same equivalent competition in his glory years?
            Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
            haha not even close - these guys are bigger stronger and better than most anybody Jack faced - overall just more of them competing
            Originally posted by rvd View Post
            I don't believe he did.
            Yes, he did. Every generation in every sport is bigger, stronger, and more technologically advanced. In Jack’s day, the competition was equal to the competition that Tiger faces today. Don’t use today’s competition to compare Tiger to Jack in his era. Same goes with every sport.
            Jack's top 7 competitors won 40 majors and 250+ tournaments and are all in the HOF...that's just the Top 7. I have another theory if you'll indulge me. While Tiger's competitors are likely just as gifted, I don't think today's players have the same heart for a simple reason....the insane amount of money that the guy finishing second, fifth or twentieth wins. Guys back then battled each other for victories. Today, if you finish second, you still win a **** King's ransom.

Another argument for Jack being the GOAT is the fact that he not only did he win 18 Majors, but he finished 2nd in 19 other Majors....Woods finish second 6 times. Jack was TOP THREE in 48 Majors....Woods in 24.

I can't argue with anyone that thinks Woods is the GOAT, he's **** hard to critique, but I can sure plead a case for Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
              Wrong
              So, Jack was a phenom in his era, and Tiger is just better than anyone that ever golfed.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Jack's top 7 competitors won 40 majors and 250+ tournaments and are all in the HOF...that's just the Top 7. I have another theory if you'll indulge me. While Tiger's competitors are likely just as gifted, I don't think today's players have the same heart for a simple reason....the insane amount of money that the guy finishing second, fifth or twentieth wins. Guys back then battled each other for victories. Today, if you finish second, you still win a **** King's ransom.

Another argument for Jack being the GOAT is the fact that he not only did he win 18 Majors, but he finished 2nd in 19 other Majors....Woods finish second 6 times. Jack was TOP THREE in 48 Majors....Woods in 24.

I can't argue with anyone that thinks Woods is the GOAT, he's **** hard to critique, but I can sure plead a case for Jack.
                Top 3 in 48 major's..That is unreal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

So, Jack was a phenom in his era, and Tiger is just better than anyone that ever golfed.

Just my opinion of course but I “think” (no research) that golf was an elitist sport in Jacks era and that has changed. The number of Europeans and Americans involved in the sport is way bigger than in Jacks era so I think the pool of competitors is much bigger now.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

That is a great stat no doubt. Golf is much more of a global game now that it was in Jacks day. I could be wrong but I don’t think Jack has any WGC wins. Tiger has like 18 WGC wins. Which are arguably the best fields in all of golf. I think it’s only top 60 or 70 in the world that are invited?

Comment

Debate between jack and tiger aside, I truly feel like if Tiger stays healthy, he will get one more in Augusta before he is done. His in depth knowledge of those fairways and greens is above 98% of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                        Just my opinion of course but I “think” (no research) that golf was an elitist sport in Jacks era and that has changed. The number of Europeans and Americans involved in the sport is way bigger than in Jacks era so I think the pool of competitors is much bigger now.

Please don’t get me wrong, I think Tiger is as good as there is. But in Jack’s day, all available technology was used by all the golfers, just as it is today. The pool of golfers may not have been as large, but in that day and time, it was as large as it could be. Jack beat all those guys, just like Tiger beats the guys today. Tiger simply has a few more Majors to win to reach the same level of success that Jack did.

Comment

Tiger just made golf interesting again.

Comment

Please don’t get me wrong, I think Tiger is as good as there is. But in Jack’s day, all available technology was used by all the golfers, just as it is today. The pool of golfers may not have been as large, but in that day and time, it was as large as it could be. Jack beat all those guys, just like Tiger beats the guys today. Tiger simply has a few more Majors to win to reach the same level of success that Jack did.
                            Jack is the goat and Tiger is a very close second
                            It's that simple. Tiger may or may not be the goat in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                              why should anyone care? the dude is done done done crispy crunchy toasted done.

next time, wait till he was actually won a major before bumping.

I think this is my favorite.

Comment

All the youngsters got to see how it is when Tiger is in the hunt. He bided his time and they all choked, congratulations to Tiger on a great win!

Comment

Working...
                                X