No announcement yet.

Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I had a little trouble regulating the temperature in the smoker because of the wind and rain. Once I was able to get the temps in the 225 range, the brisket stalled for several hours. It took about 4 hrs for the temp to go from 130 to 150. In the end, it turned out pretty darn good! It didn't develop a bark but the flavor is outstanding and the meat is juicy!
    Attached Files

Comment

Holly cow, I had no idea this thread was still alive lol 2007 good grief. I have not competed in at least 5 years, kinda got burned out. I am glad you all enjoy this recipe

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        Holly cow, I had no idea this thread was still alive lol 2007 good grief. I have not competed in at least 5 years, kinda got burned out. I am glad you all enjoy this recipe
        I've been using this recipe for years. Thanks for sharing.

Ron

Comment

Going to give this a try this weekend.

Comment

I've also been using the recipe for quite some time.

Comment

I just got hungry.

Comment

will try this out in a few weeks when i'm on vacation, beer and brisket is a great combo.

Comment

Nice smoker/grill

Comment

subscribed for later

Comment

Turned out awesome! Thanks

Comment

Thanks for sharing this SOTX. Subscribing for "great brisket recipe"

Comment

Trying this today. I didn't have the dried mustard and I doubled the black pepper, everything else is pretty much the same. Crap! I just realized I forgot to put the Worcestershire on it.

I've got it in a BGE at about 225 with the plate setter and a pan under it to catch the drippings. I found a bottle of Shiner on the back porch so I dumped that in the pan. I got a late start due to the rain we had this morning, I finally got it on at about 9:20. I've always been a "finish in the foil" guy, but I'm going to let this one roll as is. We've got to leave for mass at 4:30 and won't be back till probably 6:30, I'm hoping my timing will be right. I'll make sure to let y'all know how it goes.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe. I'll be giving it a try soon.

Comment

Tagged for later use!

Comment

Tag

Comment

Working...
                                X