X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
    Sorry, no....
    He can be a "Texan", but can never be a "Native Texan"

Derek, there is a possibility we might share some ancestry going waaay back.
    My Daddy's people left Germany in the mid-1700's- one brother went to England and bought a commission - he was assigned the the king's bodyguard contingent. The other came to America and settled in Rockingham County in the Virginia colony and fought with Washington to gain our independence (I have the documentation and guess I could petition to become a DAR but I'm not that much of a "joiner"). Anyway, if your family has been in the Shenandoah Valley going back several generations, we might be kin!

That is absolutely gorgeous country and I'd love to get up there one day and spend some time (and some genealogy work, too).
    Well it looks like I might have to pull out the genealogy work my mom did some time ago. I am of German and Irish decent from what I remember and most of the family has been in Rockingham and surrounding counties dating back to 1700s. I know there are some Herrings and Herons here in Texas that I am kin to so it is a real possibility we have some of the same old blood....

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
      Well it looks like I might have to pull out the genealogy work my mom did some time ago. I am of German and Irish decent from what I remember and most of the family has been in Rockingham and surrounding counties dating back to 1700s. I know there are some Herrings and Herons here in Texas that I am kin to so it is a real possibility we have some of the same old blood....
      Emphasis on the OLD blood (in my case, anyway). I get the German from Daddy's side and English + Choctaw or Cherokee from Mother's (she was an Okie).
      I flatter myself to think we might have a connection that far back, but it would be cool (for me!). The son of the original patriarch eventually moved to Tennessee, then to Indiana, and to Texas in 1860 (one brother) and my branch's brother came in 1865, so they were only in Virginia until around 1820 or so. You had such beautiful country to grow up in! I love Texas, but the mid-cities area of the DFW metroplex scenery just can't compare to the Shenandoah Valley.

Comment

Derek,

Congrats on the Trip brother...............now get back to your other job, where you make no money, and build beautiful arrows and post them all over the internet...............

Comment

That is a beautiful place.

Comment

Nice pictures, beautiful country!

Comment

Real pretty country.

Comment

beauty pics, congrats on the fishies.

Comment

Working...
                X