Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time To Make This Porch Bigger, And Add Some FIRE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    New slab is 17'8" wide, and comes out 14' from the existing slab...the fireplace push out is 2'X4'. Existing porch was a little over 9' deep.
    Nice. I'm about to build and will have a back porch a little smaller than that (16' wide x 12' deep). I may need to go 16'x16' now. It definitely helps seeing about how big it'll end up being. Thanks

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
        Nice. I'm about to build and will have a back porch a little smaller than that (16' wide x 12' deep). I may need to go 16'x16' now. It definitely helps seeing about how big it'll end up being. Thanks

I'm hoping we don't wind up with too much empty space. I stretched it 2' from the original plan, and another 2' when the concrete guy showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Ready for opening day?

Should be, I have to work though.

Comment

Looking good. I am surprised you didn't skin that ceiling in that awesome looking pine though vs that hardi. I like the idea of the light under that table though. Maybe led and run off a deep cycle marine battery???

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              Looking good. I am surprised you didn't skin that ceiling in that awesome looking pine though vs that hardi. I like the idea of the light under that table though. Maybe led and run off a deep cycle marine battery???

We thought about doing the ceiling with that lumber, I was afraid it might be ..."too much".

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                We thought about doing the ceiling with that lumber, I was afraid it might be ..."too much".
                I put tongue and groove pine on the ceiling of every porch I build and everyone loves it. Some I paint and some I stain. It really dresses up the safe. And it will help with that woodworking career you are talking about. I can't wait to see it finished. I think put it up and just clear coat it. Maybe you can get some pics with you working with your hands above your head. Boy that's fun. Lol!

Comment

I'm gonna do my doors under my grill out of that pine lumber, and a trash can door. I want to have a shallow (14" deep) upper cabinet built out of it too, to go over a little section of countertop to put my cast iron and grill fightin tools in. This has not yet been wife approved....I may just build it and hang it and ask forgiveness rather than permision...I'm about due for one of those. After caulking the whole thing myself, and painting a bunch of it....working over my head is nothing new, and it still hurts. I get to hang ceiling fans tonight (booorrrrriiiing), and replace a flood light that broke. It sounds like my mason is close to a week out, I was hoping he'd be starting tomorrow.... I guess I'll stain that table...

Comment

Very nice, Dale! I'm really interested in how your counter tops will look.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
                      Top Notch as usual! I wish I had seen this earlier and I could have hooked you up with a good price on the cans and Led trims.
                      I started to holler at you when I was looking around at LED trims, but you don't need to be wasting that kind of time. I already had the cans anyway. I really like the way those led conversion deals seal up to keep mud dobbers out.

I got a ceiling fan up last night after dinner, but I'm taking it back down tonight. When they put the round metal ligh/fan hangin hootus up originally, they didn't get it flush with the ceiling so the fan trim has a gap for bugs to get in. I countersunk the new one last night and it works much better.
                      Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-01-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                        Very nice, Dale! I'm really interested in how your counter tops will look.
                        I will probably take a trip up to the source next week to have a look around.

Comment

Looking good..

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Very nice addition to your entryway, the cross on the wall stands out as it should and the table is remarkable. You did good.

Comment

Got both fans up and running, touched up more paint, and replaced a flood light.

Comment

Working...
                                X