No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What unit on lbj is best for hog huntin?
    2 hogs in 15 years, means not anywhere around where I hunt. Sorry can't help ya.

Comment

Originally posted by giveiturbest View Post
      Back at it this afternoon. Stopped at DQ in Decatur and ran into a couple guys talking about heading into the woods this afternoon as well. Winds blowing pretty good up in the tree. Honestly feels pretty good tho. I'll update with any sighting/or BBD! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I ended up seeing 4 deer come through. One small buck and 3 does. They ducked in some thick cover otherwise I would of taken a doe. Gonna move my stand for the next one and if they come back through it should be game over! Good luck this weekend fellas!

Comment

Well I ended up seeing 4 deer come through. One small buck and 3 does. They ducked in some thick cover otherwise I would of taken a doe. Gonna move my stand for the next one and if they come back through it should be game over! Good luck this weekend fellas!

If you're on the lbj grasslands, I don't think you can legally take a doe except for the two days of thanksgiving. Or is that only during general season? Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought and would hate for you to get in trouble with the warden...

Comment

Originally posted by static99899 View Post
          If you're on the lbj grasslands, I don't think you can legally take a doe except for the two days of thanksgiving. Or is that only during general season? Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought and would hate for you to get in trouble with the warden...
          That's just during General Season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            That's just during General Season.

So taking a doe with my bow is no big deal during archery season, Correct? I thought I had read it on TPW but I'll go back and double check

Comment

So taking a doe with my bow is no big deal during archery season, Correct? I thought I had read it on TPW but I'll go back and double check

Taking 2 does during archery season is no big deal in Wise County.

Comment

Should have turned around and went back to bed. As soon as i opened the door to my truck at the unit gate the neighbors dogs climbed in to greet me. Needless to say they had cleared every animal in the woods off that tract of land.
                Great dogs i gave them my pb&j and some water.

Comment

No Bueno! Lol

Comment

Any one hunting grasslands this evening and morning? Thinking about heading out that way. Hunted in palo pinto this morning but thinking about going to hunt up there

Comment

Originally posted by gbrison View Post
                      Any one hunting grasslands this evening and morning? Thinking about heading out that way. Hunted in palo pinto this morning but thinking about going to hunt up there

I will be out there tomorrow evening

Comment

I'm camping out here tonight. Will be going out early to give it a try! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by static99899 View Post
                          If you're on the lbj grasslands, I don't think you can legally take a doe except for the two days of thanksgiving. Or is that only during general season?
                          archery season and the 4days of Thanksgiving.

Comment

Well, I ended up sleeping in this morning at the campsite and didn't go hunting. So, no luck here lol. However, I did happen to go out to set a camera and found where a guy made a blind. Found the oats he was baiting with too. I know who the guy is and see his truck out there all the time in the same place. I bagged up all of his oats and made sure to leave my scent all over the place. I hate it when I have to work extra hard by following the rules and people like this come along and act like they are above the law. That's ok though, I have a pic of his tags and his truck and the game warden has been notified. We both have been hunting the same unit since opener and now the guy decides to move to about 20 yards from my stand and made sure he came to my campsite to let me know he was hunting there so I wouldn't walk in on his spot. Typically this would actually be a good thing, except he already knew where I was hunting from previous conversations. It'll all be worth having to move for a little bit just to see the GW bust him.

Comment

Yea thats disrespectful for sure, i never have time to set a stand so i just hike in an post up on an area in a unit i feel lucky in. But always hike away when i see someones set up so i dont bother anybodys work they've put in.

Comment

Instead of bagging the oats up, just leave them lay and notify the USFS. They will take care of business when they see his vehicle there.

Comment

Working...
                                X