Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats TXJon!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Txjon! I hunted my stand this evening saw 3 does that were out of range, and a small buck...couldn't tell if he was a spike or a forkhorn (too dark). Mabye next time.

Comment

Im looking into hunting Lake Georgetown next year. im hunting Fort hood and im getting tired of the military games. closing areas and limiting the number of hunters and Deer to be that can be harvested. if you put up a stand and feeder its fair game to other hunters. So im looking at hunting Lake Georgetown for next year.
        So im looking for some info. How is the hunting? Any one have problems with other hunters? What is the qualifying corse? And are you limited to how many stands you can have?
        Also how many hunters are alowed to hunt? Any info that yall are able to pass on please let me know.
        Thanks im just a old bow hunter.

Comment

got bunch of deer under my feeder hopefully will be posting pic of a kill tomorrow night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowman91 View Post
            got bunch of deer under my feeder hopefully will be posting pic of a kill tomorrow night!!!
            good luck

Comment

Saw lots of moving yesterday morning and evening. 2 young buck came to the stand in the morning, one 8 pionts and one 6-or-7 points. They both are yearling. Saw other 3 bucks in the afternoon, including the one I shot. Other 2 were 8 points and 6 points. All were yearling.
              The stand I hunt is a "funny" setup. It has two opposite shooting windows, and both sides had tracks and corned. So, I picked on side to set up (I am lefty). About 5:20pm, the first 8 points came out and ate corns at my right side, then moving slowing toward me, finally stayed at 7-8 yards from my tripod. So I just enoyed the watching. Suddenly, heard some noise from my left side. A spike ate the corn there, also 7-8 yards from me, it is a legal shoot. However, how can I do it? I have to turn 180 degree to manage a shot. Both deer were too close, every time I tried to move will make one or both raising heads. Even, the seat of the tripod was kind of stuck, no way to turn it without a big movement. Tried couple times, but I could not move the seat! However, I found a funny thing that every time I moved the deer raised head and checked around. And both deer saw each other through the cedar underneath my tripod, so I guessed that they might think the movement or noise were by another deer. This happens several times, they even did not look up. The 8 points made snore to warn the spike, finally he lost patient and tried to give him a lesson. The 8 points came and walked underneath the tripod, so both deer came to the same side. Good for me. The spike was a little afraid of the 8 points, he ran underneath my tripod <g>. I thought I could make a move now, but made the spike jump. Both deer disappeared from my sight. Then, I had a free move without worry about the deer. But then, for what? No deer . For 1 or 2 minutes, the spike came back . This time, I was at a perfect position, didn't hesitate to let my arrow fly. The deer jumped the string and disappeared in high grass. After several minutes, the 8 points came back and helped me find the spike. He walked to the same direction of where spike ran and then nodded head to something 30-40 yards away. I knew that was where the spike was lying. After a while, 8 points came back and walked underneath the tripod to feed for a while. Then after he went away, another 6 points came, walked underneath tripod too! <G> 6 points stayed about 20 minutes.
              Shot from 10' tripod, the deer was 8-10 yards.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cy100; 10-11-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

congrats I too saw alot of deer moving out there this weekend just did not have a shot though.

Comment

congrats CY, fine steaks on that one

Comment

Nice job, congrats. You picked the right day to be out there. I sat this morning until 11 or so and it was SLOW. Saw 2 does with fawns at about 400 yds, then the wind picked up and everything shut down.

Comment

well i had to move my setup this weekend,did it mid day trying not to mess anybody up,if i did i opologize we tried to be quiet,but got a new spot set up yesterday,hunted tonight no luck,my son didnt see anything either,all i will say is make sure you do a good job scouting your spot before you set up,somehow i set up really close to someone else,and its hard scouting and setting up a new spot when your trying not to mess anyone up,anyways good luck yall

Comment

Went out yesturday to change out some camera cards and looks like someone got lucky on the 10th. Hopefully they are not too close. I don't have any other pics of them coming in or out so they must have just walked by the camera to show off
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                          Nice job, congrats. You picked the right day to be out there. I sat this morning until 11 or so and it was SLOW. Saw 2 does with fawns at about 400 yds, then the wind picked up and everything shut down.
                          yes was slow last night. I messed up. I hunted my buddies stand because it was closer to my other friends stand and he needed help after the hunt. I saw nothing. But stopped by my stand on the way to the boat and every piece of corn was licked up. Thats a suprise.

It may be slow because the pressure is getting to them. May get bad for a month before it gets better. Maybe...

Comment

hopefully this little front will pick it up towards the end of the week for you weekday guys, I'm about ready to swap for weekdays, I've had my about my fill of people watching on the weekends

Comment

Im with ya Stonecreek cant wait till weekdays. It was nice to see so many deer on the cam in the middle of the week only to have them disappear on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                yes was slow last night. I messed up. I hunted my buddies stand because it was closer to my other friends stand and he needed help after the hunt. I saw nothing. But stopped by my stand on the way to the boat and every piece of corn was licked up. Thats a suprise.

It may be slow because the pressure is getting to them. May get bad for a month before it gets better. Maybe...
                                X2, I didn't see anything yesterday evening either.

Comment

Working...
                                X