Needed a recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed a recurve

I actually shot better with my recurve in Fort Worth. As uncomfortable as it was, the grip just fits how I hold the bow. I shot with Chuck (76 Aggie) and found myself really admiring his Bob Lee. My grizzly shoots great but 58” with a 30” draw is stacky and pinchy. Well I got home and started looking at the Bob Lee website. I fell in love with the looks of the Darkhart. I started designing one and decided to look what they had for stock bows. One exactly how I was designing at really good weight was ready to go. Two days of pleading my case with the wife and around 1.5K later, it arrived at the house. Got her all strung up and braced correctly. I have to say this thing has a perfect grip. It flings an arrow pretty fast too. This bow is 46#@ 28”. 52# at my DL. A very comfortable and smooth 64” AMO. Really happy with it. Very happy with their customer service. Second to none. I still love my blueridge but a Darkhart was a great addition.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	96705F76-70F3-4C50-BEDD-3242F9F06FC7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	25139401

Good lookin bow, have fun with it.

Comment

Nice new stick!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great looking bow!! I've got a Bob Lee that I bought used because the price was great...really nice bows. Congrats!!

Comment

Can never take good pics of bows.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	B1F26FD8-C410-467B-9280-470AF79BBE19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	24531435

Comment

Great looking bow Ken! I really love my Bob Lee and you are right - they are great people to deal with. I enjoyed meeting y’all this weekend - sorry you got caught in that downpour during your first round!
            Last edited by jerp; 03-01-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

What are those overlays? That looks awesome!!

Comment

Jerp, it was good meeting you. Great course too! CRM, the overlay on the back of the grip is burled walnut, next is bubinga, a stripe of curly maple and mycarta. The belly is african Shedua. The limbs are burled oak the tips look amazing. Can’t fit the whole bow in a pic though.

Comment

Nice bow Ken, my brother loves his Bob Lee. He picked it up from the man himself who was gracious enough to sign it with a personal message. Are you going to break it in at Bastrop?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                      Nice bow Ken, my brother loves his Bob Lee. He picked it up from the man himself who was gracious enough to sign it with a personal message. Are you going to break it in at Bastrop?
                      Thanks. Yep, I’ll be there.

Comment

Beautiful ! Congrats

Comment

Very nice congrats. I used to have a Bob Lee Hunter. It was an excellent bow.

Comment

Nice new bow Ken !
                            Grizzlies to me are good hunting maneuverable bows cause they are short but if you have a long draw shooting extended time can get to you. I have one in 50 and it shoots fast I shot a doe a some javelinas with mine but I retired it a early 1970s model.
                            Bob Lee can't go wrong .

Comment

Very nice bow. I really like the wood combo's.

Comment

Working...
                              X