Leupold VX5 or VX3i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    A 4mm exit pupil will allow as much light through as your eye pupil will absorb at dusk/dawn. That’s where the 4:1 ratio comes from.

On cheaper glass you *might* see a slight benefit from a larger exit pupil in the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Good reading; 4mm seems common but also perhaps a conservative guideline given how much wider our pupils can dilate.

I'll do some tests - it appears everyone is different.

Getting away with ultra-low rings is also a great benefit of smaller objective scopes.

Comment

Any one used the vx3 LRP? What about the CDS caps....do they work?

Building a 16" AR Creedmoor upper to use in the deer blind. My 22" upper plus a can is like a musket

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
        Good reading; 4mm seems common but also perhaps a conservative guideline given how much wider our pupils can dilate.

I'll do some tests - it appears everyone is different.

Getting away with ultra-low rings is also a great benefit of smaller objective scopes.

The human pupil *on average* dialates to 4mm at low light and up to 7mm in total darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
          Any one used the vx3 LRP? What about the CDS caps....do they work?

Building a 16" AR Creedmoor upper to use in the deer blind. My 22" upper plus a can is like a musket

I have 3 of the LRP’s with a 4th on order. Mine have tracked great out to 1100 yards and returned to zero dependably.

I have worked loads behind Vortex, Nightforce, Leupold VX-6 etc and the LRP is my personal choice of scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            I have 3 of the LRP’s with a 4th on order. Mine have tracked great out to 1100 yards and returned to zero dependably.

I have worked loads behind Vortex, Nightforce, Leupold VX-6 etc and the LRP is my personal choice of scopes.
            Good to hear. I liked that they offer it in MILs and FFP. I currently have a Mark 6 on the 22" upper and love it. Do you have the TMR reticle? If so, does it have the floating dot at the center of the reticle? Have you tried the CDS? Is the zero lock easy to adjust?

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
              Good to hear. I liked that they offer it in MILs and FFP. I currently have a Mark 6 on the 22" upper and love it. Do you have the TMR reticle? If so, does it have the floating dot at the center of the reticle? Have you tried the CDS? Is the zero lock easy to adjust?

I have the TMOA reticles in my LRP’s. I have a VX3i with CDS and it’s fine for a hunting scope.

Comment

Good rifle choice. Check the torque on the 2 screws attaching the action. Mine were not to factory spec (too loose) and when I figured it out and fixed I shot a sub 1” group at 200. I have a thread on it here.

I went cheaper on glass with a Vortex Viper, good luck hunting with whichever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                  Good rifle choice. Check the torque on the 2 screws attaching the action. Mine were not to factory spec (too loose) and when I figured it out and fixed I shot a sub 1” group at 200. I have a thread on it here.

I went cheaper on glass with a Vortex Viper, good luck hunting with whichever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  What did they recommend in ft/lbs?

Comment

Working...
                  X