Christmas gift ideas thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    I started a new tradition for my son a few years ago. I get him a Case knife every year.

My daughter likes to play music so I get her some kind of instrument every year. Last year was a set of harmonicas.

We ordered a blanket with the Kids pictures on it for the grandparents last year.

Now if you come up with something for the wife, let me know. That's the hardest one for me to buy for.

Where did you order the blanket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those you’d be willing to go with, you might consider a trip. Either with the wife and daughter or just with one of you. Doesn’t have to be extravagant. Even a weekend trip can be long enough to make irreplaceable memories. When this COVID business settles down, I want to take my mom to the Big Bend area where her parents & grandparents grew up. Maybe try and go find the part of the National park that used to belong to them. Probably go just the 2 of us. I know she’d love it.

Comment

I try to just write checks but the wife does not allow..."no thought put into that".

I disagree. I am thinking of their time and what not with getting the "wrong" gift.

She doesn't want anything, but she doesn't gripe about my hunting lease and expenses, sooo.....

We bought my wife a 92 Jeep a few years ago that we are re-doing. Not full on restoration, just redoing. It is in need of transmission repair, so I will more than likely do that for her for Christmas. I however have told her I do not want anything at all. Too many expenses with a kid in college.

Other than that, I am pretty much in the same boat as others...I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE TO WAT TO GET PEOPLE.

Struggle with it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
          I keep a running list all year long on my phone . Every time someone says they like something I add it to the list under their name. Otherwise I was the same deer in headlights every Xmas. For our older kids we bought them Apple gift cards before they moved out.
          great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            You need yourself a quality dog bed . Get a Kuranda elevated dog bed. I got a good deal on one

That’s funny ,can’t believe it hasn’t sold .

Comment

I literally ask my wife what to get her, it’s the best...

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                Where did you order the blanket?

Blanketworx out of New Jersey did a great job for me a couple years ago.

Comment

I got an engraved knife for my father in law last year and he loved it. You can buy the knife and take it somewhere like Things Remembered or just order it online with the engraving.

Love personalized engraved knives? Knife Depot quickly ships them. Free shipping on orders $99+. Click now to browse our huge selection.

Comment

Got my grandsons a new archery target, a Nintendo Switch video game, Simpsons tshirt and facemask, a shark facemask, and got my granddaughter a playdough kitchen set.

Comment

This is my list, I try to spend less than $50 a person, some get 20 dollar stuff and some like my brother get something a little more depending on the practicality of it. All are for adults

Brother- Wheeler gunsmithing screwdriver set like 80 pieces in it from midway.
                      Sister- little board game thing that you shoot pucks back and forth through a hole, seen an ad on facebook.
                      BIL- really nice pair of ECWCS cabelas long john tops and my brother got him the bottoms.
                      SIL-Closet organizer gizmo, wife was in charge of that one
                      BIL-Box of 9mm fmj cheap stuff and 1 box of the good federal HST. Bought his first pistol and he can't find ammo anywhere up north so hooking him up since I was prepared with some extras.
                      MIL- No idea, thats the wifes job
                      FIL- Rapala fishing pliers and knife kit.
                      Mom- went in $50 each with brother and sister and bought her a kitchen aid stand mixer right at $200 but worth it she has wanted one for a while and will use it.
                      Dad- Same as above pitched in $50 each and got him a nice counter top ice maker.
                      Grandparents on my side, both sides getting a little picture frame thing and pic of our daughter in it. Plus jalepeno jelly for grandma.
                      Then have 2 family friends and their kid who was like my extra set of parents and bonus brother growing up. Spent just as much time at their house as I did at mine, country kids that lived a mile apart and spent a LOT of time together growing up.
                      Extra dad- Shooting bags for his bad *** range, that I get to frequent often
                      Extra mom- little mug my wife picked out
                      Brother from another mother- training to be an army doc or EMT or something of that nature got him a paramedic shirt that says "I fix stupid"

Wife is getting a kitchen aid blender, nice socks, a planner, and a label maker. Spent about $400 on her total which was our agreed upon budget. She is into this thing she seen on pinterest or something last christmas. 4 gifts total, something you want, need, wear and can read. So stuck to that principal for her. No idea what all I am getting but it will be something along those lines.

And for our daughter who is turning 1 Christmas day she is getting some stuff for her birthday and then some stuff for christmas I will be just as surprised as she is when she opens them up. Also in the wife's dept. She told me a month or so ago what it was but I can't remember.

Little long but you asked lol, my best advise is when you hear them say something they want order it then and hide it, doesn't matter what time of year it is. Other thing I also do is cruise through the bargain cave and discount sections of midwayusa and some other outdoor stores and see if anything catches my eye. Got my sister a ****** pair of pants last year for $50 that were like $200 retail from cabelas. And usually good for picking up some other nice items that you may not think about normally but will be there for you to browse. Take 30 minutes out of your day and sit at the computer and look through the pages. Something will stand out at you I promise.

Comment

I accidentally bought US a gun safe last week...that went over like a fart in church.

Comment

Lifetime hunting license if you have the dinero

Comment

Wife - Another pair of Christian Louboutin and bartesian
                            FIL and MIL - Gift Cards for stores they like
                            Dad - BBQ Pit
                            Brother, Sister, BIL, SIL - 100 Cash
                            Older Nieces and Nephews - 100 Cash
                            Young Nephews - Various toys totally 100 Value

We opted for cash on most as the older nieces and nephew tend to always complain about their gifts even when we get what they ask for.

Comment

Just ordered a heated vest for my wife that I think she’s gonna love

Having old handwritten recipes put onto cutting boards is always a winner

RC trucks for the kids...can’t go wrong...unless u go cheap lol

Do not recommend a vacuum for the wife. Ask me how I know [emoji28]

Comment

Working...
                              X