New visitors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New visitors...

I’d seen an aoudad or two over the last few years and wanted to shoot one, but never had enough to ever actually get a shot. My buddy suggested I sprinkle water softener salt granules on the ground (not a block unless I want cows everywhere), so I gave it a shot. Literally the next day I had this on my game cam.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s incredible, I’m surprised it was that fast. I may be trying this soon.

Comment

Before long you will wish you didn’t have them.

Comment

thats outstanding. what county are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
            Before long you will wish you didn’t have them.

My first thought was “There goes the deer hunting in that area!”.

They are cool critters, and it’s nice to whack a big ram, but I sure wouldn’t want them on my property!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This may be a stupid question but, is that safe for them to eat ?

Comment

Safe, yes. Good, no.

I just don’t have one and want to shoot it. I assume once the salt is gone, they’ll go with it like they were before. I’ve got a lot of young 8+ point bucks running around on the camera, so hopefully they’ll bring their big brothers with them at some point or else I’ll be shooting some does to fill the freezer and waiting for them to grow up!

I’m excited about taking one of those Aoudad with my longbow from the Ghost Blind. It’s my first year using both. I’ve always had recurves, but this year I got a Bear Ausable longbow for the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Get you one of those nasty things and run the rest off before October! Good luck. I hear the bigger rams are more wary than whitetails.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                    Get you one of those nasty things and run the rest off before October! Good luck. I hear the bigger rams are more wary than whitetails.

That’s the plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      My first thought was “There goes the deer hunting in that area!”.

They are cool critters, and it’s nice to whack a big ram, but I sure wouldn’t want them on my property!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      You now have a dedicated Aoudad hunting blind!

These things are worse than fleas!

Shoot all of them as fast as you can!

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                        You now have a dedicated Aoudad hunting blind!

These things are worse than fleas!

Shoot all of them as fast as you can!

Lol

Comment

Our state biologist called them pasture maggots and suggested killing all of them on sight.....

Comment

On that note:
                            I volunteer my services...Maddog 20/20....low rate of Free.99. I can rapidly deploy a longbow and/or suppressive fire.

Goats and deer compete for the same grub. Goats and sheep destroyed the ecosystem at Big Bend by overgrazing. Killem all.

Comment

It's a bit tough to agree with the "Pasture Maggot" situation. I do know they can ruin ecosystems, just like feral goats. YET, I just have a fascination with Aoudad, AND they eat just fine. Soak meat, let as much blood out as possible, and cook low and slow. Even large rams can be done this way, and when all else fails use the cajun method- Anything goes well in a big black pot.

Comment

Working...
                              X