No announcement yet.

Arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking the 500 spine would be better. I can use weight tubes to bring the weight up. I wish they would get all the online calculators fixed for everyone. Seems like getting carbons to fly well is a Hassel. I've never really had problems with other setups as an example 29" 400 with 125 gr tip flew like a dart from a 53lb longbow

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s why I love wood arrows so much. No problems with weight and the spines are so much easier for me to figure. Length of carbon arrows play a way more important role than arrow tip weight. One inch of arrow is a huge difference for me on carbon whereas it’s not so noticeable for me on wood though I tend to have to shoot full length arrows of any type. A 500 spine gt traditional at 30” with a 50 grain insert and 150 tip will put you right at 10gpp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you are too stiff also. You need longer shafts and more front end weight! I shoot 50@29.5”. I use .400 shafts, and have to leave them 31.5” long, and have 225gr up front (75gr brass insert + 150gr point/broadhead).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a Sage 50# shooting 500 spine Gold Tip Hunters cut at 29 1/2" with 200 grains up front. I pull about 29". These arrows fly like darts. It's a Sage so I don't worry about total arrow weight. I also use a ten strand UltraCam string on it. It shoots hard and fast. If I ruin a limb it is no big deal. I can get new limbs for $50 or less.

I think that 200 to 225 grain tips might do the trick for you unless you have some 500 spine shafts to try.

Comment

So y'all think a 30" 500 with standard inserts and 170 grain Zwickey get me where I need? I'm going to just order ready made GT warrior from Lancaster.

Comment

That should be close.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help. Since I already have the arrows I think I'm going to try replacing the inserts with some 100 grain brass. This will give me 275 up front . Next steps will be 500 spine. Really appreciate everyone's input.

Comment

Visit Clay Hayes YouTube channel, all u need to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a update that may help someone else. Shooting 30" gold tip warriors. 400 spine with acculite inserts. I went with 300 grain tips. They now fly like darts! Probably a little heavier than what I wanted at 610 grains but I think they'll do for this year. Next batch of arrows will be 500 spines

Comment

I'm shooting a 52@28" Palmer recurve with a 15 strand fury string. I draw 27.5"
                      Easton axis arrows 400 spine arrows cut to 29.5"
                      75 grains brass inserts and 175 gr heads.

In my experience 400 spine arrows give you more flexibility in tuning than 500 spine arrows do. JMO

I will add that your Samick probably needs a weaker arrow than my Palmer does.

Comment

Working...
                      X