Arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow help

I'm currently shooting a samick sage with 50 lb limbs. Gold tip warrior with 4" feathers 30" long and a 175 grain tip. Arrows are kicking right about 1 1/2 thru paper. I've never had issues getting a carbon to for straight but having trouble with this. Trying to keep about 10 gpp. Any advice from some tuning experts appreciated. Also my draw is about 27.5".

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
    I'm currently shooting a samick sage with 50 lb limbs. Gold tip warrior with 4" feathers 30" long and a 175 grain tip. Arrows are kicking right about 1 1/2 thru paper. I've never had issues getting a carbon to for straight but having trouble with this. Trying to keep about 10 gpp. Any advice from some tuning experts appreciated. Also my draw is about 27.5".

I've messed with knock point and brace height as well with no change to flight.

Comment

I'm betting 200-250 grain tip is what I need but not sure the best way to get there with the factory inserts already glued. I prefer to keep shooting my Zwickey Delta's.

Comment

In no expert but what spine are your arrows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I goofed up. Said to build out the side plate, but if your arrows are too stiff, you need to go the other direction.
          Last edited by Trumpkin; 07-21-2018, 10:42 AM. Reason: brain fart

Comment

Lol I left out the important stuff. 400 gold tip warrior 30" long 4" rw feathers. Shooting 175 grain tip with standard gt nocks and inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              I goofed up. Said to build out the side plate, but if your arrows are too stiff, you need to go the other direction.
              I even tried this too. I shoot off the shelf and only use moleskin for the rest and side plate.

Comment

I would either drop to 500 spine or add 100 grains to the tip through insert or tip weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                  I would either drop to 500 spine or add 100 grains to the tip through insert or tip weight.

I was thinking about removing the factory broadhead taper adapters and replacing them with heavier. Not sure what the factory zwickey would weigh though.

Comment

Probably 15-30g

Comment

Standard Zwickey inserts are only 30-40 grains I think. Definitely can get 100 grain steel adapters. Check Braveheart Archery if 3Rivers doesn't have them.

Comment

Get bras inserts for your arrows use a drill bit to nock out the old ones that way you don’t have to re spin check your heads or anything

Comment

Yeah you need more up front weight.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently shooting 175 grain. I'm thinking 250??? What y'all think?

Comment

Your need at least 100 more maybe 150. I shoot 400 Spine with 50 grain inserts 32” on with 150grain heads on bows that are 50-55 pounds at 31”. You could shoot 600 spines with your 47@27 set up but 500 will work better if you want a 175 head. 400 spine at 30” would need at least 250-300 for me to get good flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X