No announcement yet.

Mathews Helim??? Why so many for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot an Insanity, don't see many for sale, maybe not as many out there as the Heli-M though?

Comment

you can actually see the riser torque

Comment

Originally posted by ETABNT View Post
        you can actually see the riser torque
        Good one

Comment

Sometimes, it's just not as good in the field as it was in the shop...

Comment

I shoot a HeliM, wouldn't trade it for anything else. A busy of mine and I went the other day to get him a new bow and he's a bowtech/diamond guy and he shot the new insanity and then the HeliM, He walked out with a new Mathews instead of a new bowtech......it's all about personal preference, I think if you wanted to you could find something wrong with any bow out there

Comment

The Helim is nice. Perfect probably for a tree stand set up or stalking since its so short and light. However so is my Z7. I personally prefer a bow with a little more weight to it so I put on a heavy stabilizer. It's all in what you like best.

Comment

Originally posted by kgredraider View Post
                Just my opinion, but the HeliM is too light and too short....at least for me.
                how can a bow be too light? just means more flexibility on how much and where you place the additional weight of accessories.

too short, i got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by luckie View Post
                  Out of the couple hundred I've sold so far, everyone seems to be real happy with theirs.

Comment

i got mine a few months ago and have yet to have any problems or regrets about it, i think some ppl just have the tendency to buy and sell things quickly.

Comment

Mathews makes exceptional bows! if you're looking into one, dont be discouraged by the ammound of used ones on the market. Go shoot one and see if you like it!

Comment

Some people buy them to sell them. If you do a search, there were a lot of Z7s up for sale too right after they came out. It has little to do with the bow's performance. I like my Heli-M and I got it last spring. I love how light weight it is and highly manuverable.

Comment

Some complaints on some forums of vanes hitting the roller guard guide. Esp tall blazer vanes. Mathews knew about it but fixed the few that got out i heard. my buddies blazer vanes hit also but had it fixed by using 4 inch shorter vanes. Just what ive heard.

Comment

I went to a bow shop in garland and i wont say which one... but the cocky kid hanging at the counter steered me away from it by saying that the bow shop thinks its the worst bow on the shelf and the owner was close enough to hear him. I shot it and was impressed but this was at a different shop. I ended up with the Hoyt vector, but still to this day I wonder why some people hang at bow shops and rip products to customers. I think they would of had a sell if there was some sort of muzzle on his mouth. Or maybe he did me a favor..who knows.

Comment

I bought a heli just cause it was the new thing out.. Wish I had done research it had so much hand shock I couldn't believe it.. I went and bought the z7x yesterday and it's SO much better in my opinion.. Heli would be good for taking elk hunting or something in the mountains but I just deer hunt with mine in a tree stand so not a lot of walking..

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Too many people buy bows based on adds, recommendations and hype and do not shoot the bow they buy and end up not likeing it, no matter what brand. Impulse sales also with having to buy the latest, greatest they think. This is what keeps bow companies in business. There is not a bad bow on the market that I know of, it is just that some bows and some people do not fit together and it is not necessarily the mfg's of the bows. For me, I have never liked single cams so I do not look at single cams if I am looking for a new bow. Not to say single cams are bad, they aren't, just not my cup of tea.
                                Very well said. Folks see EVERYONE on TV shooting the latest and greatest and just go buy one. I switched brands this year but only after shooting a lot of new bows making sure I was liking what I was getting. The Coolaid can be bad for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X