No announcement yet.

axis quest...week one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Rob. How are you feeling? Are you headed to San Angelo any time soon?

Comment

Robertson's outta have it.
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

John - yes I hunted there last year. I shot a huge buck 36 plus and I absolutely smoked him. Unfortunately I never found him. This year an Elk hunt came up that was too good to pass up and I had to choose one. Elk won out! Good luck to you guys and don't be afraid to spot and stalk them. It can be done and it is a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
          Jaspro stood there with his tool in his hand, but they wouldn't let him use it. So, he just stayed out of the way.
          UMM. Never at a loss for telling a story are you?

Comment

For the record, Jason's tool was the biggest, it just wouldn't fit the nut in question.

Comment

Stories? Me?

Joey, it's listed in the dealer log. Is that the feed store on the way into town on the left?

A1, I don't blame you. I LOVE those elk. They don't seem to be really wild. I've gotten pretty close to several while I was just wandering and looking and not hunting. They let me get pretty close before they busted. I named on the Plaster of Paris buck because of his white horns while shedding and he just laid there and let me get to within 40 yards and we were both in the wide open. I didn't want to spook him too badly, so we just left each other along. He's one of those upper 30, big bow beamed bucks.

Comment

They will get wilder as the season rolls on. Play the wind and bed one late in the morning and you generally have 30 mins to an hr to close the distance before they get up and mill around before bedding back down.

Comment

That'll work. Did you hunt back in the middle and far south pastures any? Thicker and rougher than the north pasture, but some good looking valleys, especially around that Bluff Cliff feeder and water trough.

Comment

Give me a call John 512-635-1475

Comment

I'll call tonight.

Comment

Nice pics Go get them.

Comment

Very cool pics Doc. Good luck on your quest.

Comment

Robertson's is on the left.....kinda across from the Subway.

Shoot them dudes broadside! They are tuff and the risk of hittin bone on a quarterin shot is pretty high. Im still sick about loosin mine. He left enuff blood on the ground, that Ray Charles could follow!
                            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

John,

I'm feeling OK, but pretty weak and get tired easily. I'm going through radiation now and have to go in every day (M-F) for a treatment. I won't be finished until the middle of July, so don't know when we'll be able to go to SA. I'm sure the protein feeders are empty and figure the corn needs refilled soon....

Have fun spending time hunting with Bobby and get a BIG one!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X