Ideas for green kill light mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for green kill light mounting

I need to mount a green kill light disk in my back property and wanted to see if anyone has any good ideas using a ammo can for the battery box and how they wired and mounted all of it. I got a pig problem and need to clean it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the light you have, but I'm using the Moultrie Hog Feeder Light mounted on the bottom of my WildGame Innovations feeder. I have it wired directly to the 6V feeder battery which is fed by a 6V solar panel. Works good.

You shouldn't have any problems using an ammo box. Just have to drill some small holes for the wires and such, then seal it all up. Should work good.

The hogs in Comfort don't fuss much about the lights we have set up. Some are green and some are white. No issues, they get used to it.

(btw, if you need some help clearing hogs....my daughter and I would be glad to help! )

Comment

We made a pvc mount for ours... pvc pipe goes straght up than has 2 90 defree fitiings and then a flage. To the flange we cut a round piece of wood and attached it. Then attached the light to thexwood. Wire runs inside the pipe and come out inside the ammo can that holds the battery. We have a solar panel attached to keep the battery charged. The whole set up slides over a t post.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
        We made a pvc mount for ours... pvc pipe goes straght up than has 2 90 defree fitiings and then a flage. To the flange we cut a round piece of wood and attached it. Then attached the light to thexwood. Wire runs inside the pipe and come out inside the ammo can that holds the battery. We have a solar panel attached to keep the battery charged. The whole set up slides over a t post.

Any chance you could share a photo or two of it?
        Sounds like a great idea

Comment

If you don’t already have the light Elusive has them in green solar powered and a good mount designed by yours truly to mount to a T post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            If you don’t already have the light Elusive has them in green solar powered and a good mount designed by yours truly to mount to a T post.

I have the original green disk kill light, I joust don’t want to set a feeder up at the moment to have to run it, so I was trying to find alternate options.

Comment

Hey Jenkins
              you need help cleaning up.some hogs, me an an ex army guy.will be happy to lend hand.
              I have a green light mounted under feeder with solar panel and plastic ammo box with battery. Work great, so far lasted 2yrs thus far and still going. Thinking of adding 2nd green light to cover wider area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jenkins8PT View Post
                I need to mount a green kill light disk in my back property and wanted to see if anyone has any good ideas using a ammo can for the battery box and how they wired and mounted all of it. I got a pig problem and need to clean it up.

Have you had a chance to look into the elusivewildlife Sportsman's feeder light?. the solar panel battery and everything is all built into one and mounts on to any pole T post tree limb Etc. As for the ammo box yes you could drill a hole to run your wire in nuts and bolts to put the light to the bottom and then go Mount the ammo can with a ratchet strap to the side of a tree. use the light directional instead of pointing straight down so to speak. highly recommend checking out the Sportsman light though. $69.99 and you'll never have to mess with batteries or anything again

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                  Hey Jenkins
                  you need help cleaning up.some hogs, me an an ex army guy.will be happy to lend hand.
                  I have a green light mounted under feeder with solar panel and plastic ammo box with battery. Work great, so far lasted 2yrs thus far and still going. Thinking of adding 2nd green light to cover wider area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I might need a hand. We bought our house 2 weeks ago and we have a lot of deer moving through and I put a camera out and bam pigs started pouring in and I’m not even running a feeder, clock work 3:30 am every night 3-12 come in. Even tho I have a disk kill light to mount to a feeder I purchased 2 wildgame inovations moonshine lights with built in batteries and solar panels. I wanted to stick a few before I put a feeder out. They tore up our back yard pretty good and completely filled up the garden. Ate all the tomatoes and jalapeños. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTT View Post
                    Have you had a chance to look into the elusivewildlife Sportsman's feeder light?. the solar panel battery and everything is all built into one and mounts on to any pole T post tree limb Etc. As for the ammo box yes you could drill a hole to run your wire in nuts and bolts to put the light to the bottom and then go Mount the ammo can with a ratchet strap to the side of a tree. use the light directional instead of pointing straight down so to speak. highly recommend checking out the Sportsman light though. $69.99 and you'll never have to mess with batteries or anything again

Yes sir I sure did I was just trying to utilize the light I already had. But I ended getting a deal on 2 lights that have built in lithium batteries and solar panels that I can mount to a tree or whatever $40 for both delivered. So I’m going to try this out and see what happens.

Comment

They are up at the lease..... i will take some pictures next time we are up.... it will be mid december before we get back.

Comment

Working...
                      X