No announcement yet.

Who's still in the hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m still going after a buck. I killed a doe opening weekend of bow season. And passed up a mature 8 in Edwards county mid October. With my schedule with school I haven’t had many chances to hunt this year. Hoping to get a buck killed next weekend though

Comment

I haven't killed anything but time so far this year but I have been passing so my wife and son can take advantage of some shooters.

I'll make up for it in South Texas pretty soon.

Comment

Well I’ve only hunted once this season so I am for sure in the hunt. More than likely won’t tag anything but ya never know.

Comment

It's so great to see all of your comments. I'm glad you can still hunt. I hope all of y'all get a buck ot The Buck. We have a really nice 8, so symmetrical that he won't have any deducts, but if I see both at the same time, I'd take Fat Albert. I really like him.

Last year Fat Albert was a real toad and we think he is past his prime.
          Attached Files

Comment

Going to stay after them until 30min after sunset on the last day of season (and would hunt longer on MLD if I got an invite)

Not giving up until I have to quit

Comment

I'm still in. Took a fat doe last week with my bow. The next day, my buddy (who is bucked out) spotted what is apparently the biggest buck we've seen on our place in the 3 seasons we've had it. He's out of town and said I could go get on his set to try to tag the big boy. He doesn't have a bow set up at this spot this year. I'm pulling out on the morning to see if I can figure something out to try to encounter this guy with my bow. If there's no good way to set up on the spot without getting busted, I'll likely resort to the boom stick if I can track him down.

Comment

Im just now starting to hunt. In parker co you either need to kill one opening weekend or mid/late December when they start hitting corn again.

Comment

During bow season, I didn't see a single mature buck. Opening of rifle, I had a couple old bruisers on the neighbors pasture, neither made it closer than 30-40 yards to our fence before ambling on down to the creek. I sat most hunts with my oldest boy, trying to get him his first buck, without any luck. He finally got his first, while hunting with his cousin on thanksgiving morning. So it was back to focusing on myself. I haven't seen a single deer in the last few weeks. Hunted over in the SHNF weekend before last with my buddy who has a few spots scouted out. Lots of sign, but nothing was moving. Hoping to get back out this Saturday, and possibly Sunday...the following weekend I'll be back at the farm, keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be back at the feeders. I haven't eaten tag soup in several years, but I might this year. I usually shoot a couple of does, didn't even accomplish that this year. But I've enjoyed the sits nonetheless

Comment

Still in the hunt.. got my 10ry old a buck now trying to get my 6 and 8yr old

Comment

Still in here! Just now started seeing some good deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Only shot a couple or 3 pigs and a badger. Have not seen a deer I want to shoot yet and if the rut has come and gone here, it was not visible to us! Only mature deer I have seen is a cull. Still at it until the end.

Comment

Still in, just not sure when I will get to go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still after a cull and/or does. 4 tags left...

Comment

I am still at it here in Wilson County. I have not had a whole lot of opportunities to hunt but I am making the most of it. This last week I have seen some good bucks on camera.

Comment

4 tags left.

Comment

Working...
                                X