Remington 700 triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 triggers

[quote=Cajun Blake;you can [B]definitely[/B] feel the difference between a Jewell and a Timney ... like night and day , ain't even close

Dang it Blake.....

Your going to cost me money AGAIN!

Comment

I installed a Timney on my 700 this past spring. I was disappointed. Seemed cheaply built to me. It is way better then factory, but not anywhere near what a great trigger is.

Comment

Love my Jewell triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Keep in mind that the regular Timney will only get you down to around 3lbs. They say 2.5 but I have had weird issues with the firing pin falling during bolt close approaching that pull. The weird thing is that it was not repeatable and only happened when the rifle was tested at certain positions, pointed straight up, or down. Upside down on the bench, etc.

Timney does offer a higher priced piece (Calvin Elite) they claim will get you down further on pull but with Jewell on the market at the same price why even try it?

Timney triggers will not even cut it for me in a hunting rifle, they are cheap and you feel it immediately when compared to Jewell. I have given Timney three chances and they never live up to expectations. My Bergara LRP elite came with the Timney and it was out of the rifle after one range trip, replaced by Jewell. I sent that trigger back to them and they did have decent customer service. They sent me a new flat blade that is supposedly set at 2.5 pounds but I have never taken it out of the package. If anyone wants that trigger I will let it go very cheap (It does not have the bolt release as most of my recievers have the bolt release on the side of the action). I also have a Shillen without safety that has never been installed if anyone wants to try that brand out.

This post my sound harsh; however, a trigger is the last place you want to try to save a few bucks at lower pull weights. I feel like the lower end Timney is unreliable at the lower end of their published pull, 2.5 lbs

Like Blake and Boswell I will be giving Bix a try soon.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

Been real happy with the basic Timneys installed in 3 of my 700’s. Mine adjust down plenty low for my hunting guns, and they feel way better than the stock triggers. I’m not a bench rest shooter, so never spent the money on a jewel, but I know they’re great too.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
              Keep in mind that the regular Timney will only get you down to around 3lbs. They say 2.5 but I have had weird issues with the firing pin falling during bolt close approaching that pull. The weird thing is that it was not repeatable and only happened when the rifle was tested at certain positions, pointed straight up, or down. Upside down on the bench, etc.

Timney does offer a higher priced piece (Calvin Elite) they claim will get you down further on pull but with Jewell on the market at the same price why even try it?

Timney triggers will not even cut it for me in a hunting rifle, they are cheap and you feel it immediately when compared to Jewell. I have given Timney three chances and they never live up to expectations. My Bergara LRP elite came with the Timney and it was out of the rifle after one range trip, replaced by Jewell. I sent that trigger back to them and they did have decent customer service. They sent me a new flat blade that is supposedly set at 2.5 pounds but I have never taken it out of the package. If anyone wants that trigger I will let it go very cheap (It does not have the bolt release as most of my recievers have the bolt release on the side of the action). I also have a Shillen without safety that has never been installed if anyone wants to try that brand out.

This post my sound harsh; however, a trigger is the last place you want to try to save a few bucks at lower pull weights. I feel like the lower end Timney is unreliable at the lower end of their published pull, 2.5 lbs

Like Blake and Boswell I will be giving Bix a try soon.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk
              A standard Timney will get to 1.5# but it MUST be tuned right. Sounds like your sear engagement was the issue. However, I am on the Jewel team lol. Ran a lot of both. Jewel is top dog. I really liked my Calvin elite. A lot. Timney feels a touch better but the CE shoe fits my finger much better.

I don't hear much about trigger tech. Wonder how those are

Comment

Bix'N Andy have been the buzz at the Benchrest and F class matches for a while now. Made in Austria using two ball bearings for wear points. They cost as much as a rifle barrel,Lol.

Comment

From OTM tactical...
                  JEWELL TRIGGER REM 700 Hunter Varmint Rifle w/Top Right Safety and Bolt Release

On sale $199.99

Comment

I have a jewel in my 700 and love it

Rifle Basix in my tiger and like it as well

Comment

Working...
                    X