No announcement yet.

Remington 700 triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not have your 700 trigger reset to what you want. I did in my 700 Mountain rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Bruno has Jewell triggers for $215 - top Rt safety and bolt release

my next trigger will likely be a Bix'n Andy
      Gonna build a BR rifle for one of my dad's great friends as soon as my new shop finishes up and it'll have a Bix'n Andy in it. Fondled one at Mr. Dale Hutcherson's the other day and I've never squeezed a trigger at 1.5 oz...my my my.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
        Dropped a Timney in my 700 / .270 before my mule deer hunt last year and it turned a below average rifle hunter into a sniper - lol. I pod $125 for it and it was a game changer for me. I’m sure others have differing opinions but not sure an avg guy is gonna feel or see a huge difference to spendvtwice that in a jewel or similar. Best bang for your buck IMO.
        you can definitely feel the difference between a Jewell and a Timney ... like night and day , ain't even close

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Im ready to test mine out.

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
        Why not have your 700 trigger reset to what you want. I did in my 700 Mountain rifle.
        b/c if his trigger falls under the recall notice, it's about as useful as a paperweight. Also some people would rather buy an aftermkt trigger and not take the chance

Originally posted by kck View Post
        Gonna build a BR rifle for one of my dad's great friends as soon as my new shop finishes up and it'll have a Bix'n Andy in it. Fondled one at Mr. Dale Hutcherson's the other day and I've never squeezed a trigger at 1.5 oz...my my my.
        my BR rifles wore Jewell's set at 2 ozs., my hunting rifles are set at 12 ozs. (3/4 lb.)

The Bix I squeezed last week was amazing, more impressive than a Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
          Any good websites to order from? Good deals, free shipping...
          Great Scott Shooters and Bruno Shooters Supply for Jewell triggers

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            LAst year I saw Timney going on sale for Black Friday/cyber Monday from a lot of vendors. I think I remember SWFA, DSG and quite a few people had them at good deals
            I just saw a Timney on www.midwayusa.com for $105. Said it was blemished, whatever that means.

Comment

How hard is it to drop in a new trigger on the 700... or are you guys have a smith do it?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                How hard is it to drop in a new trigger on the 700... or are you guys have a smith do it?
                Ray Charles could teach Stevie Wonder how to do it

watch a few YT videos, read the instructions, take pics, have necessary tools (punch, hammer, finishing nail to take place of trigger pins) , and project can easily be done in 15-20 minutes for a 1st-timer.

Comment

watch a few YT videos, read the instructions, take pics, have necessary tools (punch, hammer, finishing nail to take place of trigger pins) , and project can easily be done in 15-20 minutes for a 1st-timer.
                  Good to know, Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    Have done all mine without issue. Find a YouTube video and go

Sometimes not the case though

Comment

Found a 1.50z-48oz adjustable Jewell I plan on purchasing. Thanks guys for the help!

Comment

Love the jewell in my .300 RUM

Comment

What a way with words.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cajun Blake;12925323]Ray Charles could teach Stevie Wonder how to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you can definitely feel the difference between a Jewell and a Timney ... like night and day , ain't even close

b/c if his trigger falls under the recall notice, it's about as useful as a paperweight. Also some people would rather buy an aftermkt trigger and not take the chance

my BR rifles wore Jewell's set at 2 ozs., my hunting rifles are set at 12 ozs. (3/4 lb.)

The Bix I squeezed last week was amazing, more impressive than a Jewell

I said an “average “ guy! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
                                Found a 1.50z-48oz adjustable Jewell I plan on purchasing. Thanks guys for the help!
                                you can order the trigger pull pre-set from the factory for your desired weight

I recommend 1# for the experienced person who shoots often from the bench. Most people who have never shot a Jewell or only use their rifle during hunting season opt for the 2.5# trigger

Comment

Working...
                                X