25-06 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25-06 help

Alright guys, the wife won a weatherby vanguard series 2 25-06 at the game dinner. I have not done much research on this gun. What scope does the green screen recommend for this gun? Is $100-$200 a good scope budget? Pros and cons on this gun? What ammo are yall having the best luck with? Anything else you think may come in handy. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Vanguard S2 7 rem Mag. I don't see any cons to my rifle. It is guaranteed sum MOA. I like the trigger and it is easy for user to adjust to personal preference. Very Smooth action. I put a Nikon Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40 scope on mine.

Comment

great rifle. I would spend more on a scope, but nothing wrong with a leupold rifleman 3-9x40 on that gun. If it were me I'd spend a more on a VX3 3.5-10x40 if its a "budget" gun

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I want to put a good scope on the gun and if I need to spend more I will. I am already way ahead in the gun.

Comment

I put a Leupold VX3 Long Range I think on my Cooper 25-06, it's a great shooter. Scope's have gone up greatly in the last few years, you might double your budget to start with and even with that if it's a Leupold it's on the bottom end line.

Comment

Good morning green screen. Ttt

Comment

Sweet caliber, lots of options. I'd through a Zeiss on that baby.

Comment

Hey, just look at it this way. You're into the gun for next to nothing, that means more money to spend on the scope.

That said. I don't own any weatherby's but most of the scopes I use are leupold or Nikon and I've had no issues or complaints thus far.

Comment

Leupold VX-1 Great scope for the dollars!

Comment

Consider upper end Vortex, you will NOT be disappointed...

Comment

Those are great guns. Get some Talley Lightweight scope rings for it. Scope is your choice...something with a 36-44mm objective would be good. Only upgrade would be a Timney trigger

Comment

I've heard lots of good things about the Vanguard 2. 25-06 is a good caliber for Texas!

For the scope, have you looked at Athlon Optics? I've been very pleased with several of their offerings. Prices are hard to beat for the quality!

Comment

I had one for a few months got 1/2” with some 90gr Sierra blitzking and 117 btsp with minimal effort. I bedded and played with trigger. Save up for a better scope is what I’d do.

Comment

my wife shoots an S2 in 7 mm-08 and loves it. its definitely a shooter. I I put a burris scope on it for about 200 bucks and it is a great combo.

Comment

A friend gave me a Japanese made Smith & Wesson 25-06 he won in a big buck contest back in the 80s. Had it glass bedded by a gunsmith, and it has been an accurate killer ever since. You can shoot dead on out to 200 yards if you sight it in about an inch and one-half high at 100. I use Remington 120 grain factory ammo, but many years I only fire one shot. I have a Burris Euro scope with a nice reticle on it. I broke my first Burris and they gave me full credit on a new one. Spend money on the scope- make it your main gun from now on. They do kick a bit- mine has no recoil pad.

Comment

Working...
                              X