trump, kim jong meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Media seems to think the meeting was filled with empty promises.

Made the agreement that they signed sound like it was a library card application.
    Well.....we'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      Need 2/3 of the senate for that. Unless the democrats are happy with it, I find it unlikely. Though that's treacherous political territory, since it'll let Trump say they're blocking peace for partisan political purposes. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
      I was only repeating what I heard the sec of state & others saying they would like to see happen to solidify...only mention was of the congress & senate was never mentioned??

I honestly don't know the process but it's all premature anyway. Baby steps for now. Looks like a good start.

Comment

Media seems to think the meeting was filled with empty promises.
        And what exactly have they been right about lately? Did they get this intel from a hooker?

I tell you want, that internet. It is undefeated.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I was only repeating what I heard the sec of state & others saying they would like to see happen to solidify...only mention was of the congress & senate was never mentioned??

I honestly don't know the process but it's all premature anyway. Baby steps for now. Looks like a good start.
          Yeah, article 2, section 2, clause 2, of the consititution says treaties need 2/3 of the senate, but there is a workaround: you can just make a law through majorities in the house and senate to ratify it anyways, but then you have to deal with pols making changes to it that might upset the other signing party, making them withdraw. Interestingly, a few presidents have unilaterally withdrawn from treaties without consulting congress, and the supreme court has yet to rule on whether they have this power or not.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            And what exactly have they been right about lately? Did they get this intel from a hooker?

I tell you want, that internet. It is undefeated.

The agreement that they signed is kinda public info and has been shown all over the world a billion times.

Ive read it and it is kinda light on specifics.

You ever signed a lease that didn't include the date that the lease payment was due by or any clause for late payments or the killing of one of the landowners cattle?

I'm just happy they met.
            Sets great precedent.

If this doesn't solidify Trumps Time Man of the the Year and his Nobel Peace Prize that ensures the fix is in.

Comment

What exactly were you expecting here? Trump pulled off something that few others have even tried. Yea I am sure it was light on specific's, I would imagine winding down a pariah nuclear power has a few moving parts to it.

The agreement that they signed is kinda public info and has been shown all over the world a billion times.
              Yea, that is kind of how this stuff should work. A big old dog and pony show for the cameras, shaking hands and looking important.

You know what other deal is light on specifics and lease payment dates?
              Attached Files

Comment

This thing is moving steadily in the right direction. expect bumps along the way but its moving..

Comment

"They have great beaches. You see that whenever they’re exploding their cannons into the ocean, right?" Trump said during the press conference following the meeting in Singapore, relaying his conversation with Kim. "I said, 'Boy, look at the view. Wouldn’t that make a great condo behind?' And I explained, I said, 'You know, instead of doing that, you could have the best hotels in the world right there.' Think of it from a real estate perspective."

I read the above quote in a real estate email I get, and thought it was absolutely hilarious. A true free market versus communism comparison. Just these 2 guys looking at things from wildly different view points.

Pretty cheesy video apparently accompanied it as well. Lets hope both Un and Korea are ready for a change, onward and upward!

Structure CMSâ„¢ provides enterprise level power for users with entry level skills. Our best of breed CMS has a simple, highly intuitive suite of tools that gives you complete command of your web properties.
                  Last edited by batmaninja; 06-13-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Not sure i could joke or celebrate a Photo op with a guy who personally is responsible for thousands of his own citizens dead, including his own uncle and brother, who's word is worth nothing, and has publicly vowed to kill Everyone in the United States repeatedly since birth.

Whats the over/under on when Kim gets back to his walls, and flips his script again?
                    I'd bet ..soon.
                    Especially once he sees all the memes.
                    (The guy lost his **** over a movie...remember?)
                    But yeh.. cute photos.

Comment

If they do so at least Trump tried. I see the potential and think Trump is playing this to perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        If they do so at least Trump tried. I see the potential and think Trump is playing this to perfection.
                        Then trump is the president with cute selfies next to a evil dictator who played him like a fiddle.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Not sure i could joke or celebrate a Photo op with a guy who personally is responsible for thousands of his own citizens dead, including his own uncle and brother, who's word is worth nothing, and has publicly vowed to kill Everyone in the United States repeatedly since birth..

That is how you play a person who has done the things you mention... into denuclearizing. Understood not everyone can do it. Trump can.

Comment

Its cute the way the word 'denuclearization' is tossed around like it would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Its cute the way the word 'denuclearization' is tossed around like it would ever happen.
                              Your right...Trump should start saying "the removal of weapons of mass destruction" instead

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Your right...Trump should start saying "the removal of weapons of mass destruction" instead
                                he could say "absolutely removal of all things dangerous and pointy..and we're building a NK Trump Golf Course and Ski resort on the northern border with pools filled with schnapps and goldschlager" ...wont make it any more true or any less ridiculous to believe.

He's dealing with a dictator.
                                Not a business man.
                                Not a leader.
                                Not an elected official.
                                Not a politician.
                                A Dictator.

Comment

Working...
                                X