6 feet with a crazy alberto knot

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      6 feet with a crazy alberto knot
      This.

Comment

Alberto knot is easy and strong but too bulky for me

Comment

I fish with straight braid, unless the water is super clear. If you use a mono leader, you might as well spool up with mono.

Comment

4-6 ft. for me with a double uni-knot.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I fish with straight braid, unless the water is super clear. If you use a mono leader, you might as well spool up with mono.

Negative. I don’t see myself going back to the poor sensitivity and mushy hook sets of straight mono. You don’t get that from a mono leader.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I used to do this as well but using a Fluoro or mono leader allows for a little bit of stretch on the hookset. You get zero stretch with straight braid and too much with straight mono. All personal preference I guess.

Comment

I use about 20-24" of fluorocarbon tied to my braid with triple surgeons knot.

Comment

I use around 6' of flourocarbon tied to the braid with an albright knot. I will re-tie around 18" or so

Comment

24'' Flouro with Alberto, but if the water is off color and my leader gets short, I tie straight to braid. I prefer 36'' mono leader on my top water rod, not as stiff as the flouro and stays on top. If possible, I never tie braid straight to top water. I need a little stretch in the leader, it increases my hook up ratio. If your using a bait caster, I would never tie a leader where the knot enters your reel. G-Luck

Comment

I fish straight braid. I am lake fishing and dont see a need for a weak link.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          I fish straight braid. I am lake fishing and dont see a need for a weak link.
                          The only reason I like having a leader is that treble hooks from lures get caught in the braided too easily.

If I'm flipping a texas rig I've got no issue running straight braided but I like to use a leader just for the sensitivity when hook setting.

Comment

Normally I do a 24" flouro leader to my braid on spinning tackle. The major benefit is when finesse fishing in clear water. The clearer the water the longer my leader. I have went as long as almost 4' in really clear water. I normally attach my leader to my braid using a blood knot.

Comment

18 to 24 inches is what I use..

Comment

Any of you FG knot guys have trouble with the knot slipping when you cast? Never a problem when fighting a fish and pressure is on each end. Only when casting. It's like the guides of the rod are pulling the knot off the leader and the lure goes sailing. 20lb Daiwa J-Braid tied to 25 or 30 lb seaguar premier.

Comment

Working...
                                X