Snake traps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw a dozen golf balls under House.
    Junk yards have been doing this forever....

Comment

can you make one?

Comment

Originally posted by hornet527 View Post
        definitely against the wall
        Yep. Dad just sits the trap next to pen walls , outside of the barn etc. Always parallel to a wall or net wire

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A fish hook in a chicken egg will catch them just tie off the string to something stout
          Not to humane but it works

Comment

Many years ago, I saw a snake trap made out of a length of bamboo (it was based on a design from some country in SE Asia). Anyway, the trap was open on one end, and the other end had holes drilled in it to accommodate bamboo slivers to make a small cage. The cage contained the bait - either a mouse or small bird, and sharpened and hardened bamboo slivers were driven in at an angle (maybe 30 degrees) approximately a foot after the open end. The snake would enter the open end of the trap to go after the bait, but couldn't back up because of the sharpened bamboo slivers. Very simple but effective trap. No reason why you couldn't do the same thing with PVC pipe and some deck screws.

Good luck

Dave

Comment

12 gauge

Comment

I'm in for pics. Personally i don't think i would be able to sleep at night in that house AND i would kill every snake caught

Comment

I have a trap in progress. I'm trying to make a different style of trap so it's a little bit time consuming. I just hope it works after I'm done. I've already been working on it for about 3 1/2 hours now.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 03-06-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Post pics when ya get er done!

Comment

Will do. I'm making it out of that garden mesh stuff. Somewhat like a minnow trap. Except I have the end of a soda can that lifts up and falls down to block the hole once they're in so they can't get back out and maybe I can catch multiple snakes that way.

It doesn't necessarily look like something that would take that long to make but once I start on something it's got to work just perfect and look exactly like I have envisioned or I'll start over.

Comment

Light a match!!!

Comment

I made one for a friend that had a rat snake getting into his chicken house. I used a 5' piece of 4" PVC and drilled a bunch of small holes around one end, at an angle of less than 45 degrees. I glued stainless, single strand, leader wire into the holes, all coming together in the center of the pipe. It essentially made it one way in but the snake couldn't come back because of all the little sharp ends of the wire. The other end had hard ware cloth over it. Caught it too.

Comment

Get M.E.B. or Leftridge, oh wait, you said traps not magnets....

Run vertical 2' x 100' blocking walls made from plywood or 1/4" wire mesh. At each end bury an empty 55gl barrel flush with ground. It helps to put a couple of mice in each barrel.

Comment

Working...
                            X