No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm gonna go look for a new spot too.

..................uh........wait. I can't do that. There ain't no new spots. Only new spots I know for sure are on this year's fawns.

Hope yall all do well this coming season!

Comment

Is it to late to apply for a permit?

Comment

Yes, permits are already gone. They go quick.

But, your are in luck! Permits for 2017-2018 should be available starting tomorrow after you get your new hunting license.

Comment

Link- https://whitneylakehunting.tamu.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            Yes, permits are already gone. They go quick.

But, your are in luck! Permits for 2017-2018 should be available starting tomorrow after you get your new hunting license.
            Hey my license won't expire til the end of the month so it's current isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              For this upcoming deer season?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
                For this upcoming deer season?
                Today, the new permits for the 2017-2018 season should be available both on-line. And at the office. If you have never hunted there, you will have to mail in the info and wait till they mail the permit back. Or go pick it up in person at the office.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  Deer are looking real good this year.
                  I agree, it appears to me they are looking better this year than last.

I saw some dedicated gentlemen out scouting around the other day in this heat. Good to see people doing their homework.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Haven't fished but 1 time last year and 1 the year before. Had one pack of fish left and need to fill the freezer before deer season. Went week before last and put 14 fillets in the freezer. Went today and will put about 24 fillets in the freezer. Maybe another trip or two and should be good.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7311.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	24506755

Comment

Looks like the new permits won't be available till the 20th., per web-sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Looks like the new permits won't be available till the 20th., per web-sight.
                        I'll be at work for the next two weeks so this isn't a problem for me. I have to wait to get my license anyway

Originally posted by coop View Post
                        I agree, it appears to me they are looking better this year than last.

I saw some dedicated gentlemen out scouting around the other day in this heat. Good to see people doing their homework.

Good luck to everyone.
                        I agree too coop they're very healthy this year. I saw several while scouting the other day. I'm looking forward to this year. I think we're all gonna come out pretty good. Happy hunting all

Comment

Dang Switchback! Your pic of the fish just showed up on my pc.

Comment

Who's gonna be the first in this group to get they're license? Pic, or it didn't happen.

Comment

Going scouting for a few hours. Anyone else a glutton for punishment today?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Who's gonna be the first in this group to get they're license? Pic, or it didn't happen.
                                it won't be me

possible first 100

Comment

Working...
                                X