Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about living in West Fort Worth, Aledo, Willow Park, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about living in West Fort Worth, Aledo, Willow Park, etc.

I currently live in the M Streets in Dallas. I've been fortunate enough that my house has seen some really significant appreciation. The downside to that is that my property taxes are rising to a point where its just downright stupid. In the four years that I've owned the property Dallas County has raised the assessment by $300k. I'm homesteaded so the increase I pay every year is limited but I am just sick of it of cutting that check and its almost as much as the mortgage every month and will get worse each year until they catch it up to the assessed value.

I have a ranch out near Graham and we spend quite a bit of time out there. I've got the itch to cash out on my current house in Dallas and buy something out on the west side of Fort Worth where I can get more for my money and downsize the mortgage and property taxes and get me closer to the ranch. If I can square it away with my job I bet they would let me work out of our Fort Worth office which is in the West 7th/University area.

So my question is...if you were looking for an acre +, fairly new construction, great schools, within a half hour of West 7th/University area of Fort Worth, where it would be easy to hop on 20 West and head to Graham, where would you buy and why?

My wife works around there and we live in Burleson. We have an acre and think I am going to spit it and build another house on 1/2 acre and we are working on remodeling the existing and then selling and moving westish if possible. Still trying to decide on a whether I can try and make a career change and keep decent pay starting over

Comment

Sell now, the time is right, the Dallas market is going to see a correction in the near future.

Comment

I've lived in Aledo for 20 years now (but out away from the crowds).
        I live in the SE corner of Parker County - takes about 15 minutes to get to I20, but I get to my lease in Olney in 2 hours.
        Taxes are high in AISD and will get higher with all the development and schools needing to be built. But a great place to live.
        The new Walsh Development may be a good opportunity for you.

Comment

I live in Willow Park. Taxes are high but the schools are great. Housing market is also booming here so you will be overpaying for a House right now. If you want a new build look at Walsh Ranch. It is new development between Aledo and Fort Worth.

Only downside is with all of the people moving here I am afraid it will end up like North Fort Worth/Keller in a few years which means the traffic getting into and out of Fort Worth will be a PITA.

Comment

Drive another 10 or 12 minutes out to Brock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only downside is with all of the people moving here I am afraid it will end up like North Fort Worth/Keller in a few years which means the traffic getting into and out of Fort Worth will be a PITA.

Walsh Ranch would be perfect location-wise but I think the lots are small. I live a few miles west of there and it makes my stomach hurt to think there will eventually be 50,000 people in that development. There are still some rural or semi-rural areas between Weatherford and Azle where you can buy several acres however that would add 15-20 minutes to your trip to the 7th street area.
              Last edited by jerp; 07-12-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

you won't find anything like the M Streets in Fort Worth unfortunately

I live in South West Fort Worth and if you have kids the schools here are garbage. Fort Worth public schools aren't great, you may have to be a little more than 20min from TCU/7th area if you want an acre+

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  you won't find anything like the M Streets in Fort Worth unfortunately

I live in South West Fort Worth and if you have kids the schools here are garbage. Fort Worth public schools aren't great, you may have to be a little more than 20min from TCU/7th area if you want an acre+
                  We lived in Ft Worth when the boys were young. They went to a great elementary school but after that it was either cough up the money for private school or move. That's when we moved to Aledo 16 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    We lived in Ft Worth when the boys were young. They went to a great elementary school but after that it was either cough up the money for private school or move. That's when we moved to Aledo 16 years ago.
                    It hasn’t changed, at least where we are.

Comment

I am in Hudson Oaks. It is BOOMING. It is awful. It feels like Keller was 15 years ago.

Weatherfords schools use to be great. Now they are not so good. Don't take this the wrong way, but they sent a lady to El Paso to get spanish speaking teachers into our schools. All the new kids don't speak english. The announcements are in spanish now.

I will sell you 22 acres in Hudson Oaks and you can build whatever you want on it.

Unfortunately the entire Parker County area is being destroyed by all the people coming in. They move here and want it like they use to have it. Everyone says move to Brock. Everyone did move to Brock. It is over loaded. I would look North or South of the Weatherford area (unless you want to buy mine).

Comment

i live just SE of Aledo proper and commuted to downtown Fort Worth for years (Now I drive to the Galleria area). Aledo is great but growing very fast. You will be very handy to your Graham property. I do a bunch of business out there.

Speaking of which...I have 5.68 acres off of Kelly Rd. with a remodeled farm house that might be right up your alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                          i live just SE of Aledo proper and commuted to downtown Fort Worth for years (Now I drive to the Galleria area). Aledo is great but growing very fast. You will be very handy to your Graham property. I do a bunch of business out there.

Speaking of which...I have 5.68 acres off of Kelly Rd. with a remodeled farm house that might be right up your alley.
                          Where you moving to?

Comment

I moved to Aledo 7 years ago from Cleburne. Needed out and proximity to Fort Worth. I live in Aledo proper and needed a small lot due to 75% travel. I really do like the location and access to 20 and 377 from where I am at. Thought about selling last year to get some more elbow room off Kelly RD or 1187 but selling up also meant buying up.

Comment

Lots of nice places out that way! I’d just move to the ranch though

Comment

Working...
                              X