Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    I dragged one out of Home Depot today. However, not before the guys helping me managed to help me collapse one and basically destroy the base. Whoops.

They had both the front and rear drain models. I went with the rear. I think that will work better.

Season and start to use tomorrow, I hope.

[ATTACH]911211[/ATTACH]
    Jealous. Hope to get one soon. How are you going to season yours?

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
      Jealous. Hope to get one soon. How are you going to season yours?
      Not sure. I have all the oils they suggest. May do coconut for grins.

Comment

I've been told flaxseed oil is good. I use extra virgin olive oil on mine.

Comment

Yea I did flaxseed oil on mine then cooked a pound of bacon.

Comment

I used flaxseed oil as well and it worked perfect, nice even color on the entire top.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Anyone done chicken wings on the griddle yet ?
              I’ve done wings and they have came out pretty dang good. I also did chicken leg quarters that surprised me when they were done. The griddle puts a good sear and flavor on em.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                I dragged one out of Home Depot today. However, not before the guys helping me managed to help me collapse one and basically destroy the base. Whoops.

They had both the front and rear drain models. I went with the rear. I think that will work better.

Season and start to use tomorrow, I hope.

[ATTACH]911211[/ATTACH]
                I got this exact model last week as well and freaking love it. I need one for the lake as well but want the stainless model for there. I cannot find the stainless model with the rear grease drain. Did you see the stainless ones with rear grease at Home Depot? Anyone seen this combo?

**** Edit: Google was my friend.

Our Products are Made of Solid Rolled Steel & Were Created to be Versatile and Durable. Outdoor Cooking Without the Compromise. Tackle Any Great Outdoor Event with the Blackstone family of Griddles & Cookware. Free Shipping. Full Cookout Experience. Replacement parts.
                Last edited by bklem; 06-13-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

BTW-the rear grease deal works awesome. Grease dispenses perfect and the best part is the ability to use the front "wall" to aid in the cooking/flipping of burgers or eggs and such.

Comment

Yea, I'm likin' that back drain... may have to relegate my old front drain to the deer camp and get me a new one for home...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Yea, I'm likin' that back drain... may have to relegate my old front drain to the deer camp and get me a new one for home...
                      The back drain really is a huge plus I think.

You know what I'm going try to do with my outdoor kitchen install is have my contractor build a kind of adjustable "lift" where I can turn a dial or something and raise and lower the front of the griddle. I like to be able to be able to have a "puddle" of grease up front sometimes-like for frying eggs and other things and then some times I'd like it level, and other times have it tilt back so it drains the grease off. Maybe I'm over thinking it?

Comment

Here’s the one my heart desires:

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                          The back drain really is a huge plus I think.

You know what I'm going try to do with my outdoor kitchen install is have my contractor build a kind of adjustable "lift" where I can turn a dial or something and raise and lower the front of the griddle. I like to be able to be able to have a "puddle" of grease up front sometimes-like for frying eggs and other things and then some times I'd like it level, and other times have it tilt back so it drains the grease off. Maybe I'm over thinking it?
                          I'm thinkin' that's a great idea. I plan to build one into my outdoor kitchen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                            I have the stainless version and front grease trough... It's a cookin' son of a gun!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              I have the stainless version and front grease trough... It's a cookin' son of a gun!
                              Hopefully come Father’s Day I’ll be able to see it in action!

Comment

I have the Blackstone 28” model and it’s awesome, getting the 22” stainless model for travel trailer use. I can’t believe how easy it is to cook on, everything turns out great and cleanup is a breeze!

Comment

Working...
                                X