Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    But he didn't. And post 9-11, they took drastic new security measures to prevent that. What new measures do you approve here?

Ps. Nice to have a civilized debate. Nothing personal.
    Remember OKC and Timothy McVeigh? Not one shot fired. The possession of fertilizer is not even a constitutional right.

Comment

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      The shooter was smart, and somewhat innovative in his attack. He also had a pilots license and lots of money and time. I think he could have used black guns and over the counter modification for a reason.

He shot and killed a bunch of rednecks.

Then got the government to take the rednecks black guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking this is a logical motive, if he was inclined left politically.

Comment

Why have that many guns of different calibers? It would much easier to use the same rounds, mags, same optics, etc. Why are the pics of the guns being leaked?

Comment

But he didn't. And post 9-11, they took drastic new security measures to prevent that. What new measures do you approve here?

Unfortunately there are risks living in a free society. I don't support any new measures to legislate inanimate objects.

Ps. agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Why have that many guns of different calibers? It would much easier to use the same rounds, mags, same optics, etc. Why are the pics of the guns being leaked?

Good question. Maybe so people would push to have them banned, as evidenced on this very thread.

Comment

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Airline travel isn’t in the BOR and isn’t an essential part of the individualism America was founded on.

Why can someone just walk into a liquor store, by beers and liquor, have ten drinks, get behind the wheel and kill a family? No one needs more than 1 drink. Drunk driving is already illegal but that doesn’t seem to stop people. Government should protect us and make it illegal to buy more than one drink.

Last edited by Clay C; 10-03-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

He owned his own planes. Do you think you go thru metal detectors and airport security when you go fly your own compact plane? Nope. Absolutely zero security. If a mass killing was his sole agenda, he could've loaded the plane with any flammable liquid and crashed into that concert and killed 10 times as many people. He could have easily killed 100+ just by crashing it into a crowd that size. This whole deal smells fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  gun CONTROL does not mean taking away guns ....

So what do you propose that would have stopped this shooting in particular?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    So what do you propose that would have stopped this shooting in particular?

Nothing.

If it really happened how we've been told this far, he'd of found 10 other ways to kill people. It's not the device of the user that's the problem, it's the user of the device.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Literally billions on firearms never get used in homicides or any illegal act.
                      Millions own them.
                      The number of people that use them for illegal activity is massively dwarfed by those that dont.
                      Punishing the law abiding for the acts of an EXTREME minority is like killing all dogs because one breed attacks it's owners on a regular basis.

Doesn't make sense.
                      And unfortunately for those trying to strip of us our constitutional rights, common sense is required.

Comment

People act like slide fires and high capacity magazines were just invented yesterday. One guy goes nuts and that makes everyone that owns a slide fire or 100 round drum a maniac....I've personally seen a slide fire and a 100 round drum take out an entire group of feral hogs. So yes they can in fact be used for hunting,sane people do have them and use them like they're supposed to be used. I don't care what some nut job did with these things. That has nothing to do with anything anyone else owns.

If you think this guy that shot all those folks couldn't or wouldn't have found another way if the slide fire,high capacity magazines or the terrifying "assault weapons" weren't available you're wrong. If you think the inanimate objects or ammo are the problem.....well....go take your medication and hug yourself for a little while. That type of mentality is just insane.

If someone runs a speed boat straight into a crowd of people having fun on a pontoon boat and kills every one of them...women,children,old folks and one handicapped person....who is to blame?

A. The boat because it's capable of a high rate of speed.
                        B. The deranged speed demon driving the boat.
                        C.Chase This!.....Because he has a boat.
                        Personally I think the answer is A and C because I believe boats and boat owners are dangerous.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 10-04-2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          Nothing.

If it really happened how we've been told this far, he'd of found 10 other ways to kill people. It's not the device of the user that's the problem, it's the user of the device.
                          Yes sir
                          80+ by a truck in france
                          Several hundred by pilots intentionally crashing planes
                          Crazy people do crazy things to kill
                          Hell, this guy may have used this specific route to kill because he hoped it would lead to gun control. What better argument for gun control could there be than a mass shooting.

Comment

Right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Heard it a million times, and it's true. But he would have killed a whole lot less with a bolt action .270
                            Turn yours in then. Then post pictures for us to see of you handing over all your weapons not bolt action to the Sherriff. I wont agree with your position but I will respect you for living by your words.

Comment

Right. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Heard it a million times, and it's true. But he would have killed a whole lot less with a bolt action .270
                              What if the next 5 attacks are guys using boats and driving through crowds of swimmers?

Did we enable them by letting boats stay legal?

Answer this question since no one answered it yesterday.

Pretend 100% of all assault rifles are gone today. You know, the big bad black ones. We are all safe now living in this new world filled with love. Then maybe a month or year later some crazy uses 4 9mm hand guns and a shotgun to kill 20 people at a basketball game.

What happens next?

And please at least tell me you know someone, at some time, would indeed use other guns to kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                                Turn yours in then. Then post pictures for us to see of you handing over all your weapons not bolt action to the Sherriff. I wont agree with your position but I will respect you for living by your words.
                                As you probably guessed, I don't own any. Never saw a need. Never had a want. I prefer other toys like bows, boats, fishing reels, etc. I own plenty of bolt action rifles, shot guns and a few pistols. So I guess I am living by my words?

Comment

Working...
                                X