No announcement yet.

Best Feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch King Mighty Buck. They’re extremely well built and easy to fill. My buddy had one that flew out of his truck on the highway...thankfully no one behind us...tumbled down the concrete at 60mph, turned around, picked it up, set it at his stand, filled it with corn, and has had zero issues with it since. It was beat up pretty bad but no holes or leaks.

Always remember to tie it down, even if traveling a short distance! Not that anyone expects their feeder to go through this type of beating but it does show how well built these things are.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Traildust, we are talking about the "Best Feeders."

They don't have cages to knock corn down.
      For $575 out the door....you can't beat them. And they sling the hail outta corn. Solid welded skids. Lifetime feeders.

I understand the new fad feeders though. Some folks like square toed boots too.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        For $575 out the door....you can't beat them. And they sling the hail outta corn. Solid welded skids. Lifetime feeders.

I understand the new fad feeders though. Some folks like square toed boots too.

They are good feeders for the price. No argument there. I have one. They are nowhere near the best feeders

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          They are good feeders for the price. No argument there. I have one. They are nowhere near the best feeders
          "Best" is determined by the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
            Ranch King Mighty Buck gets my vote. No cage needed and the controls are in the lid. No kneeling down in mud or rocks. The motor and spin plate are accessible from the outside, not in the inside of the hopper like some.
            Yep, got one behind the house. Awesome feeders. Love the camo look instead of a bright Coors Light can like the Lamco.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I like the idea of nothing dropping down too that could break or jam as well. If it can, it will. Keep it simple. If I have to dump a feeder once in a lifetime (while standing on the ground at just under chest level) to get at a motor but never have to **** with coons or cages again it’s well worth it. So far I’m sold on the Lamco.
              You hit on the one, and only, concern I had about the Ranch King. It uses an Eliminator plate that could have issues at some point. I have had them on other feeders without issue for many years. I lightly spray mine with silicone once a year. I think the Lamco is also a great feeder, I just found more things that I liked about the Ranch King. I am buying a lamco road feeder soon.

Comment

No competition. If you ever buy one, you will never buy anything else.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my MB Ranch King

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    No competition. If you ever buy one, you will never buy anything else.

I can buy 3 stand and fill ranch kings for that. They need to make a low profile no cage model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      I can buy 3 stand and fill ranch kings for that. They need to make a low profile no cage model.

They do. And you may be able to buy 3 of another, because they are pricey, but they are definitely the best

Comment

Lamco stand and fill are pretty tough to beat. Like them better than the mighty buck but those are nice also. Can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

Haven't seen any at buc'ees. Those look nice!

Comment

Cheap at Academy "cube" - ez feeder at Buc-ees. Lamco and Mighty Buck much better built

Comment

I have a stand and fill from double barrel fabrication. Best I’ve ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by hilltop101 View Post
                                I have a stand and fill from double barrel fabrication. Best I’ve ever owned.

We have one of those it’s a lamco design made out of thicker steel. Very nice unit and works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X