DPF complete delete kit recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex View Post
    I'm ready to delete my 2012. What is a ballpark price to get full delete with 4" exhaust and muffler? I just want better fuel mileage

Rough cost $1250 installed turnkey

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      Where did you get your stuff?
      Is that paying someone to do the work?

I looked at kits a while back and it was much higher for just materials
      Chuck's Diesel in New Braunfels. That price is installed with a single tune ( tow )

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
        Just did it to my truck 2 weeks ago, it's like a completely different truck. I got the mini maxx and a 5in turbo back with muffler from diesel ops and it was like 1100 dollars but this was for a 2011 6.7 dodge not ford but the price should be the around the same.
        i've got a 12 and need to do this. did you do the egr also? self install correct?
        if you get time can you tell me exactly what all you got. way to many options and my head hurts.

sorry to OP for asking dodge questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Mike View Post
          Chuck's Diesel in New Braunfels. That price is installed with a single tune ( tow )
          What programmer is it? Is a tow tune good to run all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
            For the guys that delete, do you plan to private sell or trade in? Also for the ones trading in I'm assuming you have to return to stock?
            I'll have mine til it dies, but if I had to sell, obviously it would be private. Yes you have to return to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
              What programmer is it? Is a tow tune good to run all the time?
              Its a single tune from computer ( no tuner in truck ). Yes, I was told that the tow tune would be all I needed for driving around town plus towing. Its not a hot tune like most run. The only bad thing I see, is if I want to change the tune, I would have to take it back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Mike View Post
                Its a single tune from computer ( no tuner in truck ). Yes, I was told that the tow tune would be all I needed for driving around town plus towing. Its not a hot tune like most run. The only bad thing I see, is if I want to change the tune, I would have to take it back in.
                Good information. Thank you.

I think I'd prefer to have a tuner with options though. I guess that's where it get pricey

Comment

Keep the equipment that is taken off so when you sell it you can give it to the new owner.

Comment

1200 for my 2011 duramax tune and exhaust I did it myself. 4 tunes to choose from but just run it in street mode get about 2 mpg better overall. Awesome so far, have about 25k on it since the delete.

Comment

Justin Trimble in San Angelo area with West Texas Diesel....830-459-7222. He is on TBH maybe he will chime in...

Comment

Had mine done 2 days ago. I'm not sure why I waited so long now!
                        Last edited by Big Daddy Mike; 03-17-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

It really is simple. I did mine myself.

I purchased the tuner- sctx4 with 4 tunes
                          Ordered straight pipe. Dropped the dpf installed pipe. Loaded tuner and done. I've since gotten the h&s and now will sell the sct pretty cheap
                          I also added s&b air intake. It will flat run and I get right at 15mpg with 6" lift running 37's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After a ton of research, and making some calls...ive decided to finally get around to doing it. Going to do it myself.
                            Ordered a h&s minimaxx, a full 4" turbo back w/muffler pipe, sinister egr delete.
                            Putting it on later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              After a ton of research, and making some calls...ive decided to finally get around to doing it. Going to do it myself.
                              Ordered a h&s minimaxx, a full 4" turbo back w/muffler pipe, sinister egr delete.
                              Putting it on later this week.
                              Another added benefit to deleting I recently figured out-
                              Cleaner "looking" oil, even with 5,000 miles on the oil- it looks cleaner than fresh oil with only 100 miles on a pre-deleted engine.

Comment

Yeh..ive read that too... amazing what shoveling soot back into the intake does ... what genius came up with this ****..

Comment

Working...
                                X