No announcement yet.

Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our only son was a true disciple of the Lord right up until he went home. This was the last he and I went fishing. As usual he kicked my butt fishing. He got his limit and I got 15... I miss him so bad every day, but I rest easy knowing his pain is over and he will no longer have struggles like he did here on this earth. His last earthly act was to pray over another young man for hours to drive out demons from him. This young man came to me and told me what Lester had done for him. I have a hole in my heart that will never be healed, but it is a scar, not a wound any longer. With the love and support of family and friends (especially my TBH brothers and sisters), and the boundless grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I can now rejoice in the good times and memories we have of our son. My daughter and her wonderful husband, have given us two grandsons in whom my wife and I are pouring ourselves into their lives. They are our joy and our gift from God.

Joel, thank you sir! To all those who are in this club, those who have buried a child, I lift you up to our Lord for His comfort that is beyond understanding.

Indeed we had a great service with a powerful message delivered by our pastor this morning. We had over 300 Junior High kids in service that we sent off to "Beach Retreat" in Biloxi Ms. for a life changing week in worship and Bible Study. They are part of a larger group combined with all our campuses of over 1500 kids. Last week we had almost 3,000 high schoolers in Pensacola. Over 300 made a profession of faith! That's our future, and those are all our kids!

Y'all have a great Father's Day!

Thanks again Joel.
    Attached Files

Comment

Greatness Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndadio View Post
        Thanks for thinking of this RA. I'm not a fan of Father's Day but I'm a fan of all the great dads here. Both those who have dealt with loss and those who haven't, deserve recognition for the greatest title a man can be given. Happy Fathers day everyone!
        You are a very caring person based on your post. I also know you have to be a very strong man. The fact that you are a newer member of the club makes me pray even more for your comfort and peace today.

You will play the cards you have been dealt and do it with whatever it takes.

God bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndadio View Post
          Greatness Charlie
          Yes sir...Charlie has a way with words and embodies the very spirit of TBH. He is blessed with the gift of "encouragement"! Of which, I've personally been on the receiving end many a time.

Comment

SaltwaterSlick, I did not see your post, as I was also typing. I am so sorry for your loss and your membership in this club.

Your posts are always well written and show your strength. Thank you and God bless.

Comment

This is a tough thread to read.
              God bless all of you that have endured this pain.

Comment

God bless all the members of this "club". Words seem futile on a day like this, but you are in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry for the pain you have experienced, and continue to feel daily. The strength you show acts as hope for those around you. God bless each one of you,and you are in our prayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  This is a tough thread to read.
                  God bless all of you that have endured this pain.
                  I'll take a direct kick in the balls before I read this thread again....
                  My prayers & respect to you all...

****ing allergies....

Comment

God bless you mommas and daddies that have lost children. I have a 29 year old daughter struggling with addiction but she is still alive and there is hope and faith. Can't imagine that hope being gone.

Comment

I truly can't imagine losing a child and wish no one ever had to know that pain. God bless each and every one of you and your families. Yall are definitely in my thoughts and prayers often.
                      I wish I could hug you all...

Comment

wow and shedding tears reading this

Comment

Prayers to all of you.

Comment

Thought I would bump this thread. Remembering my brothers on Father's Day.

Comment

Thanks RA!!

"Dad". The greatest title and biggest challenge in life.

Comment

Wow...difficult to share how I'm feeling.

Te Amo fellas...

<><

Comment

Working...
                                X