Clear All

Originally posted by 100%ttid View Post
    Tpwd gots some explainins' to do :d
    Aggies!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Aggies!!
      True story.

Pretty neat video of TPWD helicopter surveys earlier this month down by Black Gap. Couple of nice rams.

Helicopter survey for Desert Bighorn Sheep conducted in 2017 at Black Gap Wildlife Management Area, TX. Piloted by Earl Watters.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
        Sheep cannot handle stress very well, but sheep killed on transplants are few and far between.
        Large part of transplanted sheep come from private land and get moved to both state land or other private property.
        Without these transplants there would be much fewer hunting opputinuties for both public and private property.
        These didn't.

That still doesn't explain moving the sheep to an area where there are already non-native and competing species, especially after that was one of the original parameters of the program.

I'd like some of those on my property, you think I can get some sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          These didn't.

That still doesn't explain moving the sheep to an area where there are already non-native and competing species, especially after that was one of the original parameters of the program.

I'd like some of those on my property, you think I can get some sheep?
          You will never eliminate all non-native species in sheep county. With lack of State property that is suitable sheep habitat, TPWD has to look at private.

Without the removal of numbers on small area like Elephant, just a matter of time before disease or lack of food takes em all out.

As far as sheep on your property, call TPWD. You meet their requirements, it is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
          X