Winchester SX3 sticky stock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester SX3 sticky stock.

Hopefully someone has some ideas. I have a Winchester SX3 that's about 5 years old. It has a rubbery type synthetic stock and forearm. It's been in the safe since last years dove season. When I took it out this year the stock and forearm were extremely sticky. I tried to clean it with rubbing alcohol and then fingernail polish remover and nothing helped. I'm left with replacing them both unless someone has any other ideas. I hate to replace them because I won it at a Delta Waterfowl banquet and it has a nice logo on the forearm. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder if you might have gotten some mosquito spray or something on it?
      I don't know but just thinking that if it was mine, I'd probably try a rattle can paint job. Not like you can mess it up.
      Let us know what you do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope its just the ****ty finish. I have one that did the exact same thing. Have several buddies with browning that did the same.

Mine was same scenario won it at a delta event put it in the safe never fired it 3 years later i pull it out to let a buddy borrow it on a dove hunt and its so sticky you cant let go of it.

I gotta send it back because now he wants to buy it but i gotta get the stock fixed first.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
          Nope its just the ****ty finish. I have one that did the exact same thing. Have several buddies with browning that did the same.

Mine was same scenario won it at a delta event put it in the safe never fired it 3 years later i pull it out to let a buddy borrow it on a dove hunt and its so sticky you cant let go of it.

I gotta send it back because now he wants to buy it but i gotta get the stock fixed first.

Where you going to send it? Are they covering it and if not how much is it going to cost you? Thanks.

Comment

Don't be blaming that sticky stock for all those misses Larry..

Comment

Look here...

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                Where you going to send it? Are they covering it and if not how much is it going to cost you? Thanks.

Winchester will replace it for free but I think they told me 6 month turn around at the first of the year.

Comment

Another option:
                  Parts 36 and 68:

All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                    Another option:
                    Parts 36 and 68:

All the best,
                    Glenn

Problem is I can't find anyone with them in stock. All my google searchs have taken me to sites that show them out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                      Problem is I can't find anyone with them in stock. All my google searchs have taken me to sites that show them out of stock.

Are you planning on going back to the same stock? I understand that you might like the look and/or feel, but I wouldn't go back with the same one. I'd pick wood over that stuff... especially in TX. I can almost guarantee it's just going to do it again if you go back with the same stock. It's the same problem with the Browning shotguns with the same type of material. It's also the same as my range finger, handle on my spinning reels, control pad for my aftermarket hands-free phone connector, etc... Anything with that finish eventually turns sticky.

The wood ones (stock and forend) are both in stock on that site. Less expensive too. Just a recommendation. Regardless of what you do, I hope you get it back to your liking.

All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

Working...
                      X