2012 Mathews Heli-M Bow Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
    I think its nice to finally have a Mathews bow do its advertised IBO. This is even more awesome that Jerry's apparent bow will do OVER IBO. People don't think Mathews has a winner here, but I'll argue that point all day. They improved upon everything I thought they could with the original Z7 platform. Removed all the red accents on the roller and cam module, less reflexed riser, DRAW STOP for a more solid back wall, and the weight of the Z7 XT was really closer to 4.4 lbs (advertised at 3.98# i believe) due to the ** on the Mathews site saying without accessories like the harmonic dampers or the heavy harmonic stabilizer. So in all reality Mathews shaved almost a whole pound off this bow and still raised ATA by 2". A winner in my book!

Hey Jerry, do you have time today to weigh an xtreme and let us know true bare bow weight so we know the actual difference between the 2? Thanks.

RW
    Hey robby the bare weight on the extreme is 4.52 lbs.

Comment

Good review Jerry. What other brands do you carry?

Comment

X-Factor Stabilizer and you've got something.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
          Anything you need to look at except hoyt.

Comment

I know where to take my Z7 for a tune up one a deez daze...
            that was a pretty thorough evaluation...
            awesome, or as some put it, allsome!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
              he carrys elite, strothers, bowtech, mathews and mission. Great guy, great service.

Comment

Originally posted by CRTR_GTR View Post
                still not worth $1000.
                I paid $849 for mine two and half weeks ago. . . . two years ago I paid 799 for my z7

$959 is msrp. Most if not all dealers sell for well below that. Closest dealer to me is selling them for $800 even
                WHA in Katy has em for 849 and should be getting the shipment any day.

Comment

Hey guys when I was at RBO the other day I noticed the price on the z7 extreme was $759.00 in camo the Heli- m was $789.00 in camo and all there Monsters in camo are 819..00 looks like Jerry has some good prices on Mathews bows

Comment

Good review

Comment

Originally posted by JerryR View Post
                      Hey robby the bare weight on the extreme is 4.52 lbs.
                      That's what I figured. I appreciate it Jerry. Oh yeah I thought it was no shave November?!?!

Comment

Had to Shave for the Review Robby...lol But its back on!
                        That's what I figured. I appreciate it Jerry. Oh yeah I thought it was no shave November?!?!

Comment

great prices and great service. can't beat that

Comment

You guys that think you need lighter bows need to do some 12 ounce curls. Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Delirious View Post
                              You guys that think you need lighter bows need to do some 12 ounce curls. Nuff said
                              Thank you for that very helpful and insightful comment. You really added intellectual value to this thread. Its not that I'm a pansy, its about feel and personal preference. Its also about Mathews finally being truthful on weight numbers for once. If you like to shoot boat anchors go right ahead. If you don't have something helpful to say next time, just leave it alone for the rest of us please.

Comment

It's about time I replaced my old Mathews Q2. I'll definitely be checking it out. Does anyone have a Z7 they plan to sell before next hunting season?

Comment

Working...
                                X