X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued prayers for you guys and baby Emmett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 69 update. Also a continuation of yesterday's update, as I left off an important topic to elaborate on today. The cardiologist came in yesterday to discuss the results of Emmett's echo. It was a kick in the stomach for us. The echo showed a new ridge that was forming near his aortic valve. Coupled with his continued hypertrophy, it prompted discussions for the possibility of open heart surgery to clean out the ridge and hypertrophy. We knew there was a chance for this in the beginning, but things were looking better and we thought we were past this possibility. It was scary information to say the least. I pray he doesn't have to undergo this surgery. If he did, they would take care of the PDA and pacemaker all at the same time.

Emmett had his MRI done today. Thankfully, they didn't have to intubate, and in a surprise they didn't have to sedate him either. He was so tired from the events of last night that he actually slept through the procedure. This was great news. Better news came when the results showed no findings. We expected this, but it's reassuring to hear nonetheless. Additionally, urine cultures are negative thus far. So it looks like yesterday was just a false alarm.

Tomorrow is a follow up eye exam. Another concerning day yet again. Praying we get good results on the exam. Another chest xray and blood gas is on order, and with clear results on these we can go back to bubble CPAP.

Once again, Krystal and I can't thank you all enough for everything. The number of items being donated for the fundraiser is unbelievable. We're blessed in so many ways.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Daily prayers up!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers up for you guys

Comment

Continued prayers!

Comment

continued prayers.

Comment

He is growing!! COntinued prayers for the little guy!

Comment

Man, great pics!! I know you guys will be glad when all those tubes and tape are gone permanently!! What a handsome son you have! Thank God for him!!

Comment

Prayers Continuing for Y'all. God Bless.

Comment

Aw man! That little tooter has been through the mill, but he is so tough and still fighting. Prayers continue!!!

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett and family.

God Bless

Comment

Day 71 update. We are finally back on bubble CPAP! His 02s are hanging out in the low 30s, so he's tolerating it well. If he can give us several consecutive days of low 02 needs, they will consider moving him to high flow nasal cannula, according to the doctor today. It seems as if we've been trying to get to that point forever now, so it will definitely be a sweet moment when it actually happens. Aside from the switch to bubble CPAP, it was a rather uneventful day. We'll certainly take it!

Amber's Angels, the organization that visited us before, dropped in today with another gift. This my friends, is the teddy bear of all teddy bears. Dad might be a little jealous of Emmett's bear actually.

Krystal and I are really looking forward to tomorrow. It will be an opportunity to meet new people who have passionately followed and prayed for our little man. An opportunity to tell so many of you thank you in person rather than through messages. This fundraiser has grown larger than we ever imagined. We can't thank you all enough.

Comment

Day 72 update. A day that will forever be embedded in our hearts and minds.

First thing this morning Emmett had a blood gas done to see how he was tolerating the move back to bubble CPAP. All numbers came back in perfect range. His oxygen was down to 26%, and stayed in the mid 20s all day! They threw a curveball at us today and did his eye exam a day early. Results showed no progression yet again! The only concern for today came from the most recent urine culture. The culture was growing a small amount of bacteria which gave the doctor reason for concern after the reaction he had to his last UTI. Although she wasn't entirely convinced it wasn't a contaminated specimen, the doctor decided to start him on a 7 day antibiotic. Another change in Emmett's care came when the doctor decided to stop his caffeine. This is common at the 35 week mark (YES, our little guy is now 35 weeks!). After the drug wears off in 4 days, we may notice some differences in his heart rate. He doesnt have many beats to spare due to the heart block, so hopefully it's not too significant.

I've sat here for the better part of 15 minutes trying to decide how start a paragraph to adequately describe today. It was the most selfless, generous, thoughtful day that we've ever been a part of. From the cooks who were up early working on that delicious chicken, to the numerous volunteers who helped set up all of the silent auction items, and to all the people who came to event, it was simply amazing. When Randy first contacted me about wanting to do this event, we would have never dreamed it would turn into what it did today. Brother, we can't tell you thank you enough. We were able to visit with so many prior friends and aquaintances. We also got to meet and make many new friends, all of whom were brought to us through Emmett's story. I know there was no way we were able to visit with everyone, and if we didn't get an opportunity to tell you thank you in person, please accept this thank you.

One day, when Emmett is old enough to grasp the complete meaning of today, we'll proudly tell him how a community came together to show their love and support of him, and how that day helped his parents more than just financially. I don't know how we'll ever repay this community for today, but we have a lifetime to work on it. From the very bottoms of our hearts, we thank you all. God bless

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett!

Comment

What a great picture! AND a great report! Would have loved to have been there, but... I'm waiting on Emmett's first Bownanza!! THAT will be a GREAT DAY in the Lord!!

Lord, thank You for all of this. Thank You for Emmett , the precious miracle that he is. We know he is Yours Lord. Thank You for all the folks You have called into service to help Emmett and this family. We are all grateful to You Lord for it. Lord we ask You to show Colton and Krystal how to be good stewards of all that You have provided, and we lift them up to You for wisdom and the strength to persevere. Keep You work in little Emmett going so that he may grow to be strong and a witness for You Lord. In all these things, we ask and pray in the Holy Name that is above all names, Jesus Christ our Savior and Your Son, Amen...

What a great way to start my week!! Thank You Colton for allowing us to share y'all's precious son.
                                God Bless You all.

Comment

Working...
                                X