Dreaming of food plots and equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mousehunter View Post
    2 passes of chain harrow and overlapping erasure. Hopefully a good kill. Seed guy is semi honest. Problem with dove is to get the seeds to break at the right time you have to plant late, but planting late is a huge gamble on rain. So figure I have a 1:3 chance.
    This year will be the first time I've lost a spring crop. Right after I planted, I got a pretty good rain. Nothing since. Between the lack of growth, the deer, and hogs, I'm done for this spring. I probably spent $1500 all told on seed, fertilizer, fuel, etc. I'm just glad my grocery bill doesn't depend on my farming.

Comment

Just got tired of wanting tractor

I wanted a tractor my entire life, so even though I really did not need one, (only own 3 acres), I said screw it. I went and bough a Kubota L2501 and can I say it is AWSOME!!!! Just do it.

Comment

Or go buy my cheap one in classifieds!

Comment

Well If I where in your position I think I would get in touch with a few local farmers . They have the gear and many would do what you need for low cost.

Then you can take your time and get your gear fixed . and if its never been planted plowing will do wonders . late in the season for it but plow disc and plant and you could have some something nice by fall . Re seed in spring .

Maybe work out a deal with same farmer if he sprays as well .. Food plot or growing winter wheat all the same .

have you done any soil testing yet ?? you may find that you to make some changes there as well .. thats a very nice size for sure

Comment

Working...
          X