No announcement yet.

Nebraska or Kentucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southwestern Kentucky areas around Fort Campbell, Christian County, etc.

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to keep looking and try to decide where we will have the best odds.

Comment

Even though its not on your list I would start buying Iowa preference points. It takes some time to draw (zone 5 and 6) but its worth it. There is plenty of great public ground and it does not get a lot of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Probably so now overall. There still areas that are great if your hunting on large tracts. Outfitters killed it. Overbooking hunters week after week. Hunting shows have ruined more areas than anything.
          Re: Kansas: Very True....painfully! Our part is infested with outfitters running 100's of guys through shooting 2-3yr old bucks and wiping out what we USED to have around our lease... Sux

Comment

Good info. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
              Re: Kansas: Very True....painfully! Our part is infested with outfitters running 100's of guys through shooting 2-3yr old bucks and wiping out what we USED to have around our lease... Sux
              Yup, that's what happens when the hunting shows run nonstop telling everyone there's a Booner behind every tree.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Probably so now overall. There still areas that are great if your hunting on large tracts. Outfitters killed it. Overbooking hunters week after week. Hunting shows have ruined more areas than anything.
                Not a more true statement made.

As for as the OP original question, I personally have started buying Iowa preference points, and as Arrowsmith has listed, 5 and 6 has lots of public low pressure grounds.

Kentucky has produced some good numbers of giant deer in the past 5 to 6 years though.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                X