Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Ever wondered why when it warms up a little we don't see near the flu spread?
    No! Flu virus is airborne and survives winter because of low humidity.

Your point is #4 in the list of how flu spreads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      No! Flu virus is airborne and survives winter because of low humidity.

Your point is #4 in the list of how flu spreads.
      Thanks for providing back up to my point. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        I'm amazed that the old wives tale of cold weather causing sickness is still so pervasive.
        Yup truth to this.

Comment

I would not have 8 year olds out in this weather for baseball, maybe football.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I see no difference in playing outside for hours on end vs spending 2hrs at a baseball practice. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

7-8 year olds don't have much of an attention span anyway, much less when there cold. Parents gonna be sitting in there vehicles thinking Dang,I wish they'd hurry up.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Thanks for providing back up to my point. lol
                Lol. I meant “yes”!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
                  7-8 year olds don't have much of an attention span anyway, much less when there cold. Parents gonna be sitting in there vehicles thinking Dang,I wish they'd hurry up.
                  Yep and 2 hour practice! They are serious! lol

Comment

Just say the practice isn't mandatory and let all parents know it is more of a meet and greet type of practice.

Comment

At 7 years old it's not like you are keeping anyone from being a pro next year. It's for fun. Playing in this crap isn't fun.

Comment

I guess because it's organized, required or ****gasp**** baseball it's bad?

Kids go sledding in the snow for hours, ski, ice skate, play hockey, etc..... for hours on end in much harsher conditions. I get that some of you have dug your heals in to the point of no going back but the argument that kids playing a sport for a couple of hours in the cold is more harmful than sitting on their but at home playing x-box is crazy.

Make it fun, read the kids and cut it off when they stop having fun. It's kids playing a game in the cold weather, they will survive and might even have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          At 7 years old it's not like you are keeping anyone from being a pro next year. It's for fun. Playing in this crap isn't fun.
                          7 year old baseball is serious business! Havent you read all the "select" baseball posts!

Comment

Hell really I don't give a ****... Do what you want... not worth arguing over..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Hell really I don't give a ****... Do what you want... not worth arguing over..
                              You find another cottonseed feeder?

Comment

Go for it. I guarantee all the kids want to go play.

You will also get a good read on the parents who are willing to take them to play when the weather is a lil sketchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X