No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever hitched one of them bad boys up to a cedar shaft and flung it at an animal? I think that would be awesome.

Comment

Yesterday
      Attached Files

Comment

more
        Attached Files

Comment

more
          Attached Files

Comment

more
            Attached Files

Comment

That Marcos is a beauty!

Comment

Wow.. that looks perfect!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                  That Marcos is a beauty!
                  I sure like it. Interesting story about it. I was running the skid steer hauling dirt to the screen. My wall caved off and it took ten buckets or so to clean it up. In the freshly exposed wall, i saw the shape of an arrowhead pointing straight down. I cleaned the dirt up and started back in a new direction but I looked at that odd shape every time I drove past.

Finally , I stopped the skid steer and punched it with my finger. Low and behold,, it was that fine Marcos just inside the wall with only the highest parts exposed but enough to show the outline of the point.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    more
                    The Marcos has a beautiful red stripe down the middle. Ancient art as he made the point around that stripe.

Comment

thursday
                      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	monster.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24493247

What a beauty!! I love monster blades......

Comment

beautiful pieces Steve, what material is that triangular point made from? I have some points made from similar shiny material that the maker left tags on when flaking much like the ones left on that point

Comment

Maybe that red color was from some heat treatment either accidentally or on purpose. Stones used in middens changed color and became glassy and were much easier to knapp. I even use heat treating on some stuff but I use an electric roaster and play sand. After all I am playing
                            There are several old middens out on my deer lease in Sterling County that I have collected rock from to make points. Most of it looks real close to that Marcos.

Comment

more from thursday
                              Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a couple pieces of paleo there in your hand with all the smaller points? I see 2 that look like parts of points I have found.

Comment

Working...
                                X