No announcement yet.

DIY Bass Lake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a few pics of our Lake. Last weekend brother caught a 6lb Camelot. We had threadfins running the bank last weekend spawning. We stocked the lake spring 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishy2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	24534737

Name:	fishy.jpg
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	24534738

Name:	bigribbitt.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	24534739

Name:	ribbittree4.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	24534740

Name:	Ribbittree3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	24534741

Comment

Man I love this thread!!!

Comment

Im available for adoption

Comment

Did you guys stick shad for the bass? We have a 2.5-3 acre pond that we stocked Ruth with Florida bass and a bunch of bluegills about 4 years ago. I wanted to stock some more forage fish this ear for the bass but wasn’t sure what would be the best thing to throw in there at this point. We sunk a number of PVC trees and have some brush piles on the shore lines for some cover. Let me know if we should stock some more forage fish and which type of fish we should stock.

Comment

Man, you made yourself a little slice of heaven right there! Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Here's a few pics of our Lake. Last weekend brother caught a 6lb Camelot. We had threadfins running the bank last weekend spawning. We stocked the lake spring 2015

[ATTACH]901710[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]901711[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]901712[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]901713[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]901714[/ATTACH]

So Brandon I think I need to do some work for you in trade for some fishing haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                Did you guys stick shad for the bass? We have a 2.5-3 acre pond that we stocked Ruth with Florida bass and a bunch of bluegills about 4 years ago. I wanted to stock some more forage fish this ear for the bass but wasn’t sure what would be the best thing to throw in there at this point. We sunk a number of PVC trees and have some brush piles on the shore lines for some cover. Let me know if we should stock some more forage fish and which type of fish we should stock.
                We've put in about 10K Threadfin shad over the years and 30 Bull Gizzards last year.

Comment

awesome thread

Comment

Appreciate the reminder. Fish are putting on weight fast. New lake on the way too. No Off-season but it sure is fun.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lots of shad, tilapia each year, and feed the tar out of the bait fish in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
                        Appreciate the reminder. Fish are putting on weight fast. New lake on the way too. No Off-season but it sure is fun.
                        WHOA! That 2nd fish is about to bust!

Comment

How many tilapia and shad would you add to our 2 acre pond? Remind you that we stocked largemouth bass and bluegills 5yrs or so ago and haven’t added any fish since. We e caught a couple that are near 4lbs but I feel like we need more forage fish so I wanted to get yalls opinion on how many we should add of each for our pond. Also, would we need to add a fish feeder for this forage fish? We are near Brady, TX so I’m not sure where the nearest place would be to get these fish. Please let me know.

Comment

I want pics after every trip out there! i had forgotten about this little piece of heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                              How many tilapia and shad would you add to our 2 acre pond? Remind you that we stocked largemouth bass and bluegills 5yrs or so ago and haven’t added any fish since. We e caught a couple that are near 4lbs but I feel like we need more forage fish so I wanted to get yalls opinion on how many we should add of each for our pond. Also, would we need to add a fish feeder for this forage fish? We are near Brady, TX so I’m not sure where the nearest place would be to get these fish. Please let me know.
                              Really depends on your goals for the lake. Oh yeah and budget. How many bluegill are you seeing? Ever catch any? Do you want to catch big fish, lots of fish, etc?

Most any of the fish guys will deliver once you get an idea of what you want. Make sure you set your own goals or else a "consultant" can talk you into a big program in a hurry.

Happy to help with what limited info i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                WHOA! That 2nd fish is about to bust!
                                She's a breeder

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                                I want pics after every trip out there! i had forgotten about this little piece of heaven.
                                Thanks again. Heading out there this weekend for a fish fry. Will snap a few pics of this lake and the new one we've been working on.

Comment

Working...
                                X