No announcement yet.

nope, nope, nope, nope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done that before. not on purpose though.

Comment

Wow....

Comment

That was weird just watching. Grew up terrified of saws, seeing my grandfather's half thumbs and fingers. I've been hurt by one too from a kickback. Don't see what he accomplished doing that.

Comment

Guy a work cut his pointer finger off at the joint 3 weeks ago that's a nice feature

Comment

No way in the world would I have use my hand to test something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              That was weird just watching. Grew up terrified of saws, seeing my grandfather's half thumbs and fingers. I've been hurt by one too from a kickback. Don't see what he accomplished doing that.
              Kick back is for making sure you're paying attention. Because there's no lesson to be learned the 2nd time a foot long piece of 2x4 hits ya in the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                Kick back is for making sure you're paying attention. Because there's no lesson to be learned the 2nd time a foot long piece of 2x4 hits ya in the nuts.

I got a nice piercing of my forearm by a foot long cedar spear that I had to pull though. Could have hit me worse places. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  That dude has bigger nads than I, but those saws are some amazing machines!
                  If it was in my tool budget, I'd have one in my shop.
                  I want one too! If you cut off your thumb, that saw will be cheap!

At least that is what I told my wife!

Comment

Partially amputating a digit cost me about $1,500 out of pocket with good insurance plus about two weeks off work. Not sure how much that saw costs.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                      Partially amputating a digit cost me about $1,500 out of pocket with good insurance plus about two weeks off work. Not sure how much that saw costs.
                      From their website, looking like $1299 MSRP for the job site version.

Comment

Sitting on my best friend in colleges front porch in Colfax one day saw a table saw fly out the shop door and his dad come out telling his mother to take him to the ER to reattach his thumb!! No way I would test a saw stop with flesh!!![emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stuck the end of my thumb in one onetime. Late at night and tired and I was watching where the top of the blade came out of the wood not the closest part to me. Leather glove didn't stop the blade lol.

Comment

Seen videos of them with hot dogs. It would be nice to have, but I use my saw a couple of times a year and couldn't justify it. Dang sure wouldn't be testing it by hand. I saw what happened to my cousin after he lost a fight with one.

Comment

YIEKS! Guys crazy but that device is top notch. Had a uncle that lost most of his right hand by a large rip saw.

Comment

They're all dead now, but as a kid i had a bunch of 1/2 fingered cabinet makers and trim carpenters in the extended family that would've appreciated that equipment.

That kid is loco in the cabeza.

Comment

Working...
                                X