Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind build tips

Dang y’all build some heavy blinds [emoji16]
    I rip 2x4’s for the framing and after all’s finished, it’s still heavy.
    My windows are 39” from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      For a rifle blind, use 2x6s laid flat for the window sills, and put them flat at the same height all along the back wall. Then get another 2x6 cut to match the width of your blind so you can lay it on top of the window sill and back wall 2x6s for a gun rest. Wrap it with carpet. Add sand bags, and you have a bench rest to shoot off of. You can move the rest 2x6 around, wherever you need it in the blind. When it's time to get in and out of the blind, just pick the rest 2x6 up and lay it down or lean it up in the corner to get it out of the way. The 2x6 window sills may good shelves for binos and such too.

Carpet the floors for sure. Paint the interior black.
      Awesome idea. This will definitely help with the confidence for the little ones.

Comment

I would frame it out with galvanized metal and then add 1/2 treated plywood and then put R Panel for the roof will last forever. What most people spend on wood and overkill they could build a metal frame stand.

Comment

No plywood, use smart siding

Comment

Good info fellas. Thanks!!

Anybody built one you can take apart to transport? How did you do it and still seal up tight?

Comment

Added shelves to my last blind under each window for my homemade sandbags. Lol
              Sure helped in steadying the shot.

Oh, and a urinal is a MUST!

Comment

The last one I built

Comment

Holy crap. I like it haha.

What was your total cost to build? And how did you power it?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Holy crap. I like it haha.

What was your total cost to build? And how did you power it?
                    If I remember correctly I have right at a grand in it. The power system is just a deep cycle trolling motor battery, solar panel, and a couple 12v DC outlets and USB outlets.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Anybody built one you can take apart to transport? How did you do it and still seal up tight?
                        The first picture of mine was built at home, tore down and reassembled.. It's a beast

Comment

I have built several. These are all metal except the treated plywood floor. They breakdown into 4 walls, roof, floor, base/legs and stairs. Pictured is one my wife and I set up on a step hillside. I built the legs where they are adjustable to 2 ft for this purpose. Everything is screw or bolted in the field.

Comment

On another note I like making things that will last. If you use wood for an exterior I would suggest that you cover it with 30lb felt paper to keep the rain from getting to it.

This is a blind that I built 27 years ago that I just moved. It's still in good shape after all those years. Still the original paint on the felt paper, the box holds a 12V deep cycle battery and 25lb propane cylinder.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Put wheels under it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X