Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Has anyone heard of this “mandatory” tourist visa? I’ve never heard of it in all my years, but someone just brought it to my attention..

•••

"A tourist card, also called an FMM ("Forma Migratoria Múltiple," previously referred to as an FMT), is a tourist permit that is required for all foreign citizen travelers to Mexico who will not be engaged in any type of remunerated work. Tourist cards may be valid for up to 180 days and allow the holder to remain in Mexico as a tourist for the allotted time. Be sure to hold on to your tourist card and keep it in a safe place, as you will need to hand it in when you are departing the country. Foreign nationals who will be working in Mexico are required to obtain a work visa from the National Immigration Institute (INM).
    Border Zone

In the past, travelers who were remaining within the United States border zone for up to 72 hours did not need a tourist card. (The border zone, comprised of an area roughly 20 km into Mexico from the U.S. border and also included most of Baja California and the Sonora "free zone.") However, now the tourist card is required for all non-Mexican visitors to the country who will remain for fewer than six months.
    Tourist Cards

There is a fee of about $23 USD for a tourist card. If you are traveling by air or on a cruise, the fee for your tourist card is included in the cost of your trip, and you will be given the card to fill out. If you are traveling over land you can pick up a tourist card at your point of entry or from a Mexican consulate before your departure. In this case, you will need to make the payment for your tourist card at a bank after your arrival in Mexico.

Mexico's National Immigration Institute (INM) now allows travelers to apply for a tourist card online up to 7 days before entering Mexico. You can fill in the form and, if traveling by land, pay for the tourist card online. If you'll be traveling by air, the fee is included in your airplane ticket, so no need to pay again. Just remember that the tourist card must be stamped by an immigration official when you enter Mexico, otherwise, it is not valid. Apply for a tourist card online on the website of Mexico's National Immigration Institute: online FMM application.

Upon arrival in Mexico, you will present the filled-in tourist card to the immigration official who will stamp it and write in the number of days that you are allowed to stay in the country. The maximum is 180 days or 6 months, but the time actually given is at the discretion of the immigration official (often only 30 to 60 days are granted initially), for longer stays, the tourist card would need to be extended.

You should keep your tourist card in a safe place, for example, tucked into the pages of your passport. Upon leaving the country you must surrender your tourist card to immigration officials. If you do not have your tourist card, or if your tourist card is expired, you may be fined."

If you do not arrive in Mexico by airplane, and you intend to travel beyond the ~35km ‘free zone’, complete the FMM Visitor’s permit at your port of entry to Mexico and pay the fee separately. You’ll need to present this FMM at the inland immigration check-point you’ll pass when you travel beyond the ‘free zone’.

Summary: It says that if you are staying longer than 72 hours OR traveling more than 20 miles from the border, you are required to have a tourist Visa (Like when you fly into cancun and fill out the paper) that will last up to 6 months, and keep it with your Passport. They are ~$20 at border, or can do online, but has to be stamped at the border per this site.

It also appears that they will check you at the "checkpoints" for it, but if you don't pass a checkpoint then the only issue I see, reading the info and laws is that a cop could hassle you if your outside the 20 miles border zone.
    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 07-11-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan;

[B
      Summary: [/B]It says that if you are staying longer than 72 hours OR traveling more than 20 miles from the border, you are required to have a tourist Visa (Like when you fly into cancun and fill out the paper) that will last up to 6 months, and keep it with your Passport. They are ~$20 at border, or can do online, but has to be stamped at the border per this site.

It also appears that they will check you at the "checkpoints" for it, but if you don't pass a checkpoint then the only issue I see, reading the info and laws is that a cop could hassle you if your outside the 20 miles border zone.
      Sounds like another tax. The part that bugs me the most is that the representative can make the duration whatever they want. Hopefully they just make them 6 months to match the gun permit.

On another note, does anybody know when the season dates are generally announced? I am guessing I will need to check angadi’s Facebook page for updates....

Comment

Putting cameras out next trip, hope they don’t melt.

Has anyone felt with someone that has not got their guns out due to not being able to get back down to Mexico and it is much past their 6 month permit date?

What to do
        How to do it
        Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt24/7Hard View Post

Has anyone felt with someone that has not got their guns out due to not being able to get back down to Mexico and it is much past their 6 month permit date?

What to do
          How to do it
          Etc.

I would ask the person that did all the paperwork for the guns. I’m pretty sure it’s going to cost them one way or another something. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Never been asked for a Tourist Card over last 15 years traveling Mexico.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deerfeeder View Post
              Never been asked for a Tourist Card over last 15 years traveling Mexico.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              The visa is real. I have had several over the years. Had one last year. Never been asked to show it. Doesn't mean I wont be asked on my next trip down.

Comment

What to do
                How to do it
                Etc.

I would call Humberto.
                How does that happen?
                I wouldnt be riding around with those guns anywhere in Mexico. Imagine you will go straight to jail and they will sort the paperwork out later. Unless you got alotta money.

Comment

What to do
                  How to do it
                  Etc.

Say whaaaaaaaa!?!??? i wouldn’t be doing anything till i had that straightened out!

Comment

What to do
                    How to do it
                    Etc.

That is a HUGE no no. It can affect the landowners ability to get permits for the following year :0

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      That is a HUGE no no. It can affect the landowners ability to get permits for the following year :0

We had a guy do it once. He had to apply for an extension I think. Bernardo would know.

Comment

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
                        We had a guy do it once. He had to apply for an extension I think. Bernardo would know.

That’s what I’ve heard.
                        I know a guy that wasn’t able to come due to unforeseen reasons. No one else can check your guns out.

Comment

That’s what I’ve heard.
                          I know a guy that wasn’t able to come due to unforeseen reasons. No one else can check your guns out.

I have a good buddy that lost his dad during season after he had checked his guns in already. Had to provide the death certificate to get his guns out. Sad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                            I have a good buddy that lost his dad during season after he had checked his guns in already. Had to provide the death certificate to get his guns out. Sad deal.

We had the same situation many years ago with a young man killed in a car crash. Very sad deal and not an easy process if I can remember. This was probably 12 years ago, lease boss was finally able to get them out with much help from Angadi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              We had the same situation many years ago with a young man killed in a car crash. Very sad deal and not an easy process if I can remember. This was probably 12 years ago, lease boss was finally able to get them out with much help from Angadi.

Man, that’s terrible.

Comment

We leave our guns at the ranch, but Id heard if you brought them back to the USA during the season and couldnt make it back down to mexico to check them out, you could take them to a local mexican consulate and present them there and they would cancel the permit.
                                Supposedly a special deal youd have to set up way beforehand.
                                Im interested in Angadis take on the visas if you stay in the border zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X