No announcement yet.

Well a general contractor got me .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that, when my parents decided to start their house I strongly pushed a guy I know and trust on them for this very reason. I trust him and grew up with him so if I cant find him, one of our 400 mutual friends probably will be able to.

Comment

Unfortunately there are A LOT of folks going out there that have no business calling themselves contractors. And most of these contractors realize this about halfway through a job.

Comment

What is the name of this scammer so others may avoid him.

Comment

OP where are you at around Houston? My brother may be able to help. He owns his own remodeling business.

PM me for more details.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Post up that SOB's name and all information you have on him. And then let's all spread it all over the place. These SOB's get away with this too much.

The shoot him comment in my opinion is fitting and warranted.

There are just not enough repercussions to deter criminal.activity. Our law enforcement agencies work hard and do a great job but in the grand scheme of things they are out numbered 10 fold or more and we'll short on funding.

Comment

1099 his rear!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Chopping off hands and fingers for this sort of stuff seems to work pretty well in some third world countries.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Its freaking frustrating for sure. Hopefully you can find someone to help finish it.

Got burned this year myself to the tune of 5 grand in plumbing work. Former friend, and licensed plumber, whose kids all go to school with mine. Whose kids have spent countless nights at my house. Whose kids I've helped when they locked keys in cars, got stuck in ditches, and fed them time and again at my house. And whose family is well known in town.

Yup, paid him up front for a ton of new plumbing work in my wife's new kennel. In April. He bought about 300 dollars in supplies, started the job, and has yet to return. Keep getting the Im tied up, its to cold, Ill have to get to it after this big job Im on.

Hired a new guy last week. He showed up yesterday, and did 90 percent of the work we paid for in 10 hours. Cost me a whopping 900 bucks to have it done. He's back already this morning cleaning up and finishing it for us.

The other guy, he called yesterday and said hell be here next week to work on it. I texted him, and said "sounds good". I want him to come to my house and see all the work he didn't do, and explain to me why he charged me what he did. He may storm off, but at it will cost him a day of work and a wasted trip. Least I can do....

Comment

Post his name.
                    1) so another TBH'er doesnt get taken
                    2) Lots of people on this site... theres possibility of getting his whereabouts and more info on him. See it all the time.

Comment

Sorry everyone for such a late response.

His name is Ezequiel PEREZ, supposedly his has some ties to 3 brothers remodeling . I think his sons run it if i understood right. He shops and buys all of his materials from Reborn granite in Houston tx. I have met him there and highly considered using off days to wait on him but who knows how that would play out and when I would see him . He was a very nice guy and we fell for that ,my wife made him dinner always and he asked for a extra 200 in the middle of the job and didn't want to give it but we did anyways. Overall he has close to 5k dollars of my money, I have a very small kitchen that is 50 percent done maybe ,,,, and 3 sheets of granite outside that are made for counter tops. I should have known in the beginning to never go with him but we really wanted it done before the home study stuff and paid the price now . Not only are we out the money for the kitchen but now if i don't figure something out I will have to delay our process that we have been working on and that's going to be the worse part on us, but I know we will get there .

We do have a signed detailed receipt with his address on it and name, not sure if it's even his address , highly doubt it but you never know, I just know that a lawyer would probably cost me a lot more then the screwing and tore up kitchen that needs to be finished. I mean trust me I have mentioned a lot of things that I would love to do and take it into my hands . But my wife stops me and she's right it's not worth it.

Thank you everyone for offering to help , my number is 713 898 6289. I still am wanting to find someone that can possibly help us get it finished or at least come look at it today. I live on 563 in liberty tx. I have called one person that someone posted here earlier in the thread and he said he would talk to me today when he had time today ,but still looking. Thank you again

Comment

Avoid him he's a crook, this is some numbers on the receipt that he wrote out to me , or at least one of them is . He will not answer either.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          OP where are you at around Houston? My brother may be able to help. He owns his own remodeling business.

PM me for more details.

Sierracharlie out…
                          Will send pm now

Comment

Contact the county attorney. They are free.

Comment

Sorry you're having to deal with this.

Your best option is to sue him through small claims court. No will not need a lawyer for this. More than likely he will not show up for the court date and you win. Now, a judge cannot make him pay you back but if he owns "real" property you can slap a lien on it. You will be paid when he goes to sell or refinance.

Good luck with the adoption process.

Comment

Should be legal to stab them in the face. Oops, did I say that out loud......

Comment

Working...
                                X