No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Bring back the old days when I drove to school with a 22 rifle and a 12ga on my gun rack and parked in the parking lot and left the windows down all day unless it rained. Times were different then and nearly every kid that had a pickup and a drivers license had a gun rack and some sort of firearm hanging on it. I never ever heard of anybody ever getting shot or threatened -- student or teacher. Seen a lot of fistfights and been in more than a few and it never turned to guns.
    Now days it's crazy but if you can pass a background check to buy the gun then you should be able to carry it as you see fit.
    Now that I can agree on! I remember taking hunters ed in the 6th grade. They brought BB guns to the school and set up targets on the playground for us to shoot. Can you imagine if they tried that now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Bring back the old days when I drove to school with a 22 rifle and a 12ga on my gun rack and parked in the parking lot and left the windows down all day unless it rained. Times were different then and nearly every kid that had a pickup and a drivers license had a gun rack and some sort of firearm hanging on it. I never ever heard of anybody ever getting shot or threatened -- student or teacher. Seen a lot of fistfights and been in more than a few and it never turned to guns.
      Now days it's crazy but if you can pass a background check to buy the gun then you should be able to carry it as you see fit.
      Yep! With a Buck 110 or 112 on your belt and a can of snuff in your pocket.

Comment

I have a couple of Friends that passed the chl class and didn't even have to bring a gun or shoot at all! It's all about the money for some instructors and it's all about the money to our Gov. They don't care if we shoot each other they just want the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
          I have a couple of Friends that passed the chl class and didn't even have to bring a gun or shoot at all! It's all about the money for some instructors and it's all about the money to our Gov. They don't care if we shoot each other they just want the cash.
          They and the instructor are playing a VERY dangerous game in doing that. There was an instructor who was giving the class in 3-4 hrs back when 10 hrs was required. DPS got wind of it and had a LEO sign up for one of her classes. As soon as the paperwork was signed at the end of the class, they arrested her and issued tickets to the rest of the class for falsifying records! Not sure what the penalty is for that, but I wouldnt want to find out the hard way.

There are also exemtions from the shooting portion though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
            Agree with the argument that a CHL is a demarcation point for easily pulling stats on legal carry v. gun crimes. However, the government requiring any type of permit to carry a gun is a slippery slope and 30.06 and 30.07 signs are clearly unconstitutional in my opinion. If a private business wants to request that nobody carries a gun into their establishment fine, but having a tool that makes it illegal to carry is an infringement upon my individual right to choose how and where I'd like to protect my family.
            I can make absolutely no sense in that statement at all.

You seem to agree that a business can restrict you carrying on their premises. What is "having a tool"?

By the law, that tool that you call it is a reduction in the law, not an additional law. In almost any other situation, if you have been given a warning to not enter property and do so, you have committed trespassing. It is at least a Class B misdemeanor (except at schools) and if at a residence or carrying a firearms, a Class A misdemeanor carrying up to a year in jail.

The state has given a tool alright. They have taken an otherwise A misdemeanor and reduced it to a C (traffic citation equivalent) for only the people with a handgun license. In this case you claimed unconstitutional law has reduced your maximum penalty from a year in jail to a $500 fine only.

Apparently you feel that it is better for a business to simply post the ghostbuster signs or anything else they wish since there would be no standard without this law, and if you carry onto that property you are looking at some serious time.

A person might be for or against an LTC but this seems like misplaced logic.

Comment

Working...
            X