No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir. I drive a 2006 silver Toyota Tacoma. I was normally gone each day by 9:00 or 9:30 to get to work. I was normally out there 3 or 4 days a week. Normally parked where the road bend at the corner of that field right next to that big hole that's been dug out. Should have tagged out but got impatient on two or three birds and got busted.

Comment

There's a lot of birds back there always willing to talk to ya but not very willing to go in though

Comment

I plan on hunting here this season was wondering some pointers which section is better for deer. Mayb one weekend b4 season starts someone can show me some of the areas down there. Here's my email kend7439 @ hsutx .edu
        Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Whatever happened with the elk?
          SAW ONLY ONE COWS LAST SEASON. Most have been pushed out back on to the private land. Look for the cedar bushes that are torn up really bad they seem to prefer rubbing on them. and YES THEY ARE LEGAL TO SHOOT. That was all one guys lil deal on the old defunct Lake Patrol and was clarified after his "departure" from his post with the proper authorities within the city and game wardens.

Comment

Shane you are welcome to hit me up some time. I still hunt my spot during the week even tho I have a couple ranches out of town I hunt now too.

Comment

I hunted out here last year for the first time and didn't have much luck. For you guys having success are you using attractants? Or are you just throwing out corn/if so how much because I have not seen any feeders?

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                That's the strangest thing I was back up in there several days a week with no luck and never saw anyone... I drive a white Toyota tundra 04... I saw one other truck there the entire season once... Maybe a 2000 dodge 2500... That you?
                I was in there at least once a week on weekends only. Parked by the same big hole. Ran into one guy, probably one of you guys, while I was on a tom I tried going after that was strutting in the parking lot. I saw no other vehicles there and stayed till 11 or so each day I went. Shot 2 or the 3 toms I saw while back there. Several gobbles spread out on the southern part.

Was just back there this past Sunday. Saw about 6 or so deer, 2 rabbits, tons of dove, and about 3 or 4 pheasant in a group.

Comment

That's cool I up that way last Friday and walked up river and found some pockets of water holding some carp so I bowfished alittle, didn't see anything way back there but came across a good size bobcat on a fence line and a few does here and there but other than that didn't see anyone or signs of any ones blinds... Anyone hunting the lake this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jmedenf View Post
                    I was in there at least once a week on weekends only. Parked by the same big hole. Ran into one guy, probably one of you guys, while I was on a tom I tried going after that was strutting in the parking lot. I saw no other vehicles there and stayed till 11 or so each day I went. Shot 2 or the 3 toms I saw while back there. Several gobbles spread out on the southern part.

Was just back there this past Sunday. Saw about 6 or so deer, 2 rabbits, tons of dove, and about 3 or 4 pheasant in a group.
                    You saw Pheasant at TBR Where?

Comment

I know they were installing a pipe fence and gates last year. Does anyone know if there will be any fees or permits required this year? I only get down there once or twice a year, and think it would be good to know ahead of time.

Comment

where in the world did you see phesants at in twin buttes never seen any out there. did not know we had them in west texas lived here all my life

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                          Shane you are welcome to hit me up some time. I still hunt my spot during the week even tho I have a couple ranches out of town I hunt now too.
                          Thanks. Just now saw your reply. I put in for one of the drawings because it said exotics. If I get drawn, I'll holler at you.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                            where in the world did you see phesants at in twin buttes never seen any out there. did not know we had them in west texas lived here all my life
                            OK. Saw one again this afternoon while dove hunting at TBR. They are too slender to be a pheasant. I think they are road runners. Are these legal to shoot and are they even any good to eat? They look a little scrawny.

Comment

beep beep

OK. Saw one again this afternoon while dove hunting at TBR. They are too slender to be a pheasant. I think they are road runners. Are these legal to shoot and are they even any good to eat? They look a little scrawny.
                              not sure bud have never tried one or heard of anyone killing them or trying too the Wylee coyote liked them just never had much luck killing one either.lol !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wild Birds: All wild birds that migrate through or are indigenous to Texas, along with their plumage or other parts, eggs, nests and young are protected from harming, killing and/or possession by state and federal law except that European starlings, English sparrows, and feral pigeons may be killed at any time and their nests and eggs may be destroyed. A permit is not required to control grackles; cowbirds; yellow-headed, red-winged, rusty or Brewer's blackbirds; crows or magpies when these birds are considered a nuisance or causing a public health hazard. No birds may be controlled by any means considered illegal by local city or county ordinance.

I'm pretty sure GW would write a ticket if you shot one.

Comment

Working...
                                X